Knit From Your Stash 2007
I'm hopping on the bandwagon! I'm joining the ranks of the "Knit from Your Stash" group -- rules noted at Wendy's blog. My yarn fills two large (66 quart) plastic storage containers, plus a smaller one, plus two baskets in the living room, plus WIP's.
And, since I am buying a house next week (eek!), it would not hurt to exercise some financial restraint in yarn related matters. Since my stash is suitably large -- and not everything I own is featured on my stash site yet!! -- it will not kill me to stop purchasing yarn for some time.
So, I'm stealing Wendy's guidelines, and editing them a bit --
- The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007 -- a period of nine months.
- We will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:
- Sock yarn does not count. What? You think we are made of stone?
- If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that we really and truly do not have the yarn for, we may buy yarn to knit that gift.
- If we are knitting something and run out of yarn, we may purchase enough to complete the project.
- We each get one "Get Out of Jail Free" card -- we are each allowed to fall off the wagon one time.
- We are allowed to receive gifts of yarn.
- Trading yarn with others is OK.