aswim in knits

Friday, October 23, 2009

Ishbel is finished


Ishbel is finished
Originally uploaded by aswim in knits
So, umm, maybe I'll blog more regularly if I post right from Flickr? Maybe?

Just because I'm not knitblogging doesn't mean that I'm not knitting. In fact, I'm so thrilled with my most recent FO that I've been inspired to *gasp!* blog about it!

What's so special, you might ask? Well, for starters, it's a cute pattern. Ishbel, by Ysolda Teague. It's also my first lace shawl. I've knit lace in socks and sweaters, and in scarves and baby blankets, but never in a shawl.

And I'm kind of in love with this particular shawl because it's knit from my very own handspun. I've knit plenty of things with my handspun before, but this skein just amazed me. It's a merino/tencel blend, and not even spun especially well, but it was just a perfect match for the pattern.

I just keep looking at it and saying "wow, I made this. No, I really MADE this." It's freakin' rad.

More photos and such on Ravelry, of course.

10 Comments:

  • Having seen this shawl in person at Rhinebeck, I am totally in love with it, too. Your handspun looks amazing in that pattern! So impressed.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:39 PM  

  • I was able to post 2x in a week when I thought to do it straight from Flickr. A def. improvement, though I wish there was a way to post big photos. Anyway, love your pretty purple shawl!

    By Blogger Pumpkinmama, at 5:07 PM  

  • It's gorgeous!!!

    By Blogger Mini, at 11:03 PM  

  • wow! that looks wonderful! I hear you about the blogging... I've been doing a lot of gift knitting that I can't put on my blog!

    By Blogger Bostonworkerbee, at 7:41 AM  

  • It IS freakin' rad!!! Gorgeous, and what a great color!

    By Blogger Norma, at 8:44 AM  

  • Beautiful shawl!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:48 AM  

  • It's gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, Danielle.

    Btw, I only blog directly from flickr now, and it does seem to help my posting frequency. A bit.

    By Blogger earthchick, at 10:34 AM  

  • When I clicked "next" on my google reader feed thingy I was like "WTF is this? When I did I subscribe to this random blog?"

    By Blogger Bertha, at 9:29 PM  

  • That is beautiful! There are so many more chops when it is handspun.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 2:24 PM  

  • It is gorgeous!!

    By Anonymous tiennie, at 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home