aswim in knits

Monday, November 03, 2008

you would think ...

... that with a shiny new camera, I would take more photos of the knitting, yes?

Sadly, no. I've been taking lots of photos of myself, but not so much of the knitting. I've finished a sweater and a pair of socks that you've seen in progress, but no photos. I also whipped up a quick hat for charity and started swatching for a sweater, but no new pictures of these either.

I'll make it my mission to get some decent pics in the next few days, but these dark days are such an obstacle ... (Hey, a photo of me modeling an FO counts as a self-portrait too, right? It's a two-fer!)

What else have I been up to recently?

Well, laundry, for starters ...
365.29: Behind Mt. Laundry (by aswim in knits)

And yardwork ...
365.35: raking leaves (by aswim in knits)

And a bit of quilting ...
365.30: sentimental (by aswim in knits)

Tonight, I'm off to go knit with friends, and I am SO looking forward to an evening of friends, food, and fiber. Ciao!

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

  • Jeez, I hate laundry. I don't mind doing it, but I don't like sorting, folding and putting it away. Luckily, my sons are lobbying for ways to earn money, so I see an opportunity here....

    I was raking yesterday too. I wonder how much those boys can sort, fold, and rake??? Then, I can go back to knitting and ignore more housework.

    By Blogger Kathy, at 4:35 PM  

  • FO pics make the best selfportraits. I swear, that's one of the best things this project has given me. No need to hunt for a photographer when I finish something.

    Have fun tonight!

    By Blogger caro, at 4:55 PM  

  • Have fun!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:37 PM  

  • My couch is covered in laundry :-) Your little dpn cases inspired me. I made a bunch this weekend. So much fun!

    By Blogger pigbook1, at 6:57 PM  

  • How about a knitting self portrait?

    By Blogger Sarah, at 9:09 PM  

  • that is a lot of leaves! you need one of those things that just sucks them up and spits out mulch :)

    By Blogger spajonas, at 9:33 PM  

  • Wow. That's a lot of laundry. I'm not sure I'd find my way out of it.

    By Blogger Chris, at 9:39 PM  

  • Wow that's a LOT of laundry for only 2 people.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 7:36 AM  

  • I'm under a laundry pile like that today... lol!

    friends, food, and fiber... nothing better! Enjoy!

    By Blogger Jess, at 1:29 PM  

  • ooooh, pretty quilting!!!

    By Blogger bockstark.knits, at 5:15 PM  

  • ooooo - the pile of laundry is bigger than the pile of leaves. Not a good sign at all my friend!!

    By Blogger Deb, at 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home