aswim in knits

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

overextended

OK, kids, that's your vocabulary word of the week.

Overextended: to impose on someone an excessive burden of work or commitments.

Apparently, I'm not the only one in this boat. I was talking with the Mafia about this yesterday, and Kellee feels kinda the same, I think.

Being overextended has kept me offline more than usual. I miss you guys out there. Hi! {waves!}

Oh, and do you think that the overextendedness has anything to do with the TMJ? (Umm, is the Pope Catholic?) BTW, thanks for the good suggestions about how to deal with this. I'm seeing my awesome chiropractor, which I think will really help. I've also seen a naturopathic doctor, and got some good advice on things I ought to change in my life style for overall healthier living. And, I got a referral to a mind-body program that offers medical symptom reduction classes. I'm actually pretty excited to check this one out. I think some coping strategies would be a good thing, and am 100% behind the idea of the power of the mind-body connection.

Anyways, since I had back-to-back work, appts, and meetings from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. tonight, and have to be at a working breakfast early tomorrow morning, I should go to bed now. (See, overextended!)

Labels:

14 Comments:

  • I hope everything calms down and you can concentrate on getting better! Get some sleep!!!

    By Blogger bockstark.knits, at 2:46 AM  

  • You certainly are busy! I think your plan of action for the TMJ sounds good. Here's hoping it works!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:15 AM  

  • You didn't ask for advice but here's some anyway. Not everything has to be done everyday. Lower your expectations and you'll feel less overwhelmed. Good luck!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 6:38 AM  

  • Good grief! Overextended indeed. I hope things improve soon!

    By Blogger Julie, at 7:17 AM  

  • It's funny...I'm really overextended right now too, but loving every second of it. I'm exhausted and feeling like I'm coming and going at the same time. I know it's all for a good reason (my daughter, her school, this fundraiser thing). And I also know it has and end. And then I'll feel empty.

    I hope you physically feel better soon because that's the one thning that can make all the rest really, really SUCK!! Take care of yourself first!

    By Blogger Deb, at 8:49 AM  

  • I think it's in the air. Or maybe the jetstream because that's about the only way it can be both here and there.

    Hope something helps the TMJ. Take care.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:00 AM  

  • Hi back atcha! What Carole said.

    By Blogger Lucia, at 10:41 AM  

  • Anyone that is productive and seems to have it all together is overextended. Welcome to the club! It's not such a bad place to be, I'm sure you'd just be bored if you weren't overextended!

    By Blogger Johanna, at 12:42 PM  

  • I'm overextended and just plan stressed ... to the breaking point maybe. But as usual, I'm not alone.

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 1:14 PM  

  • So how IS Mafia? Tell her there are those who would appreciate a quick non-controversial update.

    When it gets crazy you have to plan in destress time or it doesn't happen. Note that destress time is not exactly the same time as "me" time. I fight to get exercise time and need it, but it's a source of stress for me rather than a destressing activity.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:32 PM  

  • Gah, being overextended sucks. Hope the TMJ is better soon.

    By Blogger maritza, at 3:16 PM  

  • Hope things settle down for you soon.

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:52 PM  

  • I things get easier soon! Get some rest!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:01 PM  

  • I can empathize, I've worked 22 hours of overtime in a week. I need a very long nap.

    Who knows maybe October will be a more quiet month.

    Take care!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home