aswim in knits

Monday, August 25, 2008

sock-a-doodle-doo

There's been a bit of sock knitting around these parts.

First is the Traveler's Stocking from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush:
Traveler's Stocking and a half (by aswim in knits)
I started these back in May, according to Ravelry. The pattern is really pretty, and I love the yarn (Dream in Color Smooshy, In Vino Veritas). And the one I finished fits great. What's the problem? I HATE knitting the twisted stitch part at the top!! I knit tightly, so it's a real exercise in dexterity to try to work the stitches. But, I'm through the tough part now, so these should move pretty quickly now.

The sock below is Spunky Eclectic sock yarn (color, Pop) with a modified version of a stitch pattern that I found somewhere online.
Orange Julius socks (by aswim in knits)

These are pair #1 and #2 of my rainbow of socks. I started the yellow ones too, but I tried two different patterns and neither worked. But it's probably better that way. I should finish these ones first!

I have another pair of socks finished too, but I need to take some better pictures first. Oh, and I might have started a sweater too :)

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

  • Summer of socks! You should see me trying to knit K2togs and SSKs in Euroflax. I sympathize.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 6:26 AM  

  • Nice socks. I especially love the color of the Spunky yarn!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:32 AM  

  • Your socks are bright and cheerful. You'll be happy you've finished them when the cold weather sets in so you'd better get crackin!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 7:13 AM  

  • Wow, you're catching up quick! Lovely socks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:51 AM  

  • Oh, I love the twisted stitches! Glad you persevered.

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:37 AM  

  • Shit, I need to start banging out some rainbow socks. Can't wait to see the sweater!

    By Blogger Bertha, at 10:32 AM  

  • those second socks look like they could almost be monkeys! but no purling. how nice!

    love the colors on both of them!

    By Blogger spajonas, at 11:34 AM  

  • You've been busy! I love both of these. The colors are fantastic! And how cool is a rainbow of socks? What a great idea!

    By Blogger maritza, at 12:51 PM  

  • Very nice! Those Spunky ones look a bit like simplified Monkeys.

    As a fellow tight knitter (remember the 120-stitch sock?), I can recomment KnitPicks needles.

    By Blogger Lucia, at 3:00 PM  

  • Both are beautiful - the socks and the collors! Can't wait to see GBIV.

    By Blogger Deb, at 3:26 PM  

  • Pretty! I don't even like orange, but I like that one!

    Fall is a comin'... FAST! Time for LOTS of knits! Yipppe!

    By Blogger Jess, at 5:51 PM  

  • very pretty socks!

    By Blogger CrazyFiberLady, at 1:43 PM  

  • Oh, I love the orange ones! I'm totally drawn to orange sock yarn lately!

    By Blogger Meghann, at 9:47 AM  

  • These are both fabulous socks, but you know how I feel about the orange one, right? :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:24 PM  

  • Great socks! They're both so cheerful looking!

    By Blogger Chrissy, at 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home