aswim in knits

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Elisa made me do it

Elisa posted her answers to this meme and, because she said that we are all fascinating, I got a big ego and decided that y'all needed to know more about me. So, here goes:

1. Where was I 10 years ago.
I was an undergrad at BU and living in Boston. I worked for the school's orientation program, so at this exact moment I was probably dressed in a red polo shirt and ushering entering freshmen round campus. Such a great job -- we worked nonstop for a 48 hour period each week, got paid pretty well, and got free housing. Fifty-odd sassy college students in an apartment building, working only 2 days a week. If you guessed that there was a lot of partying on the other 5 days, you'd probably be right.

2. Five things on today’s to-do list.
Meet a friend/former colleague for lunch/socializing/networking.
Buy food for dinner.
Revise my independent study syllabus. (Next on the agenda.)
Clean the living room. (Probably not gonna happen.)
Do laundry for tomorrow. (In progress now.)

3. Snacks I enjoy.
Chocolate. Fruit smoothies. Cheese and crackers.

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire.
Give money to my alma mater. I think I'd like a building named after me :)
Give money to my YMCA to build a new pool.
Take a really long vacation and travel.
Pay off our mortgage and Thom's student loans. (Sorry, my practical side is escaping...)
Buy a new car. A hybrid, most likely. Or a Volvo. I learned to drive on a 1975 Volvo, and I still have a soft spot for them. (Umm, yes, the car was older than me at the time!)

5. Places I have lived.
Massachusetts, all my life. A native Mass-hole.

6. Jobs I have had.
Lifeguard. Swim instructor. Synchronized swim coach. Babysitter/nanny. Orientation leader. Research assistant. Program assistant at a small academic institute at one university. Fundraiser at another university.

7. Who would I like to know more about.
As Elisa says, "Everyone. You're all just so fascinating. Seriously."

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • Love how you got to check off your list :)
    What a college student's dream job!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 6:50 AM  

  • Nice to know another Mass-hole. Have a good fourth.

    By Blogger Kathy, at 8:54 AM  

  • I'd never heard that term for folks from Massachusetts...

    By Blogger Chris, at 11:08 AM  

  • Had I thought about it, I would have PAID to have my RI plates read MA HOLE. I do not want anyone to think I'm from Rhody. Ever.

    Anyway. I'm doing to do the meme.

    Since I'm so fascinating, ya know? :)

    By Blogger wenders, at 11:42 AM  

  • See, I TOLD you that you were fascinating!

    You've had some really cool jobs, and I like what you'd do with the moola if you were a billionaire. The combination of fun/practical really appeals to me.

    And I still laugh every time I hear the term MA@@HOLE.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home