aswim in knits

Thursday, June 12, 2008

I need a nap

Every feel mentally exhausted for no particular reason? Yeah, that's me.

Last week, I traveled to Chicago for work. I presented my first-ever talk at a national conference. I was one of 6 speakers on a one-hour panel, so it was hardly earth-shattering, but I was still pretty proud of myself!

Then I had a nice long weekend. My office relocated, so we had Tuesday off, and I took Monday as a vacation day. On Monday, I did some studying, but on Tuesday I just hung out, knit, spun, and watched DVDs. But I'm still tired.

Now I'm back at work. Here are my two favorite views from my new office:
view from my windows (by aswim in knits)
(Out my windows)

What would YOU do? (by aswim in knits)
(In my fridge)

I'll be back with knitting and spinning updates when I muster up some more energy.

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • Work travel is exhausting- I feel like it takes me a week to recover from the too early mornings (haven't taken a flight later than 8 AM in eons) and the schedule disriptions, as well as being ON the whole time. Hope this weekend finds you back on track.

    By Blogger Erin, at 4:26 PM  

  • And, whoops, congrats on the panel and presentation! Is too a big deal!!

    By Blogger Erin, at 4:26 PM  

  • Sounds like you have been busy! Can I visit your fridge? LOL

    I bought a spinning wheel this weekend.......I believe my husband blames you for it:) LOL

    By Blogger Meghann, at 4:52 PM  

  • Congrats on the conference!

    Mmmm... Klondike bars.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:26 PM  

  • Congrats on your presentation!! You have an amazing view. Lucky. :) Sometimes the shorter weeks wipe me out more than a normal week. Go figure.

    By Blogger Chris, at 7:54 PM  

  • You were in CHICAGO?!? Did you go to Loopy? Oh, I am SO JEALOUS.

    And you have ice cream. I'm jealous of that, too.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 10:58 PM  

  • Gee, I could tell something was different here in Chicago last week! Danielle was here presenting!! Good job! It really is a big deal, work it :)

    By Blogger Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo, at 8:09 AM  

  • I want to sit next to your fridge and knit! [well eat too AND knit]

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 9:11 AM  

  • Congrats on the conference presentation!

    By Blogger Sara, at 1:36 AM  

  • You have a WINDOW! :-) And one with an actual view, too! Hooray and congrats!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:19 PM  

  • What a lovely view. I have gray cubicle walls, but I did set up my wallpaper to shuffle Rangeley pix.

    I used to travel a lot for work, but never spoke at a conference -- good on you! -- and I liked going places, not to mention being in a nice quiet hotel room, but it did wear me out.

    By Blogger Lucia, at 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home