aswim in knits

Thursday, May 22, 2008

how many times can I blog about the same thing?

Apparently, several! (I swear, Carole, this really is a new post!)

I finished the cowl that I showed you yesterday. I put it on in the car this morning so that I could take a photo, and I haven't taken it off yet! It's warm and snuggly and I lurve it. This surprises me greatly, since I didn't think I was a cowl person. Now I want to make cowls out of all my single skeins!
handspun cowl (by aswim in knits)

This one was really simple. A tube, about 20" around, with seed stitch borders. I threw in a row of decreases in the middle (decreased about 10% of the stitches) so that the top would be snugger and the bottom would flare over my collar bones. I love the stripeyness.

cowl edge (by aswim in knits)

And a gratuitous closeup.
cowl closeup (by aswim in knits)

There might well be more cowls in my future.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

  • cowls are super HAWT right now :) yours is gorgeous.

    By Blogger spajonas, at 8:14 PM  

  • no matching wrist warmers? ;) it's very pretty!

    By Blogger maryse, at 9:01 PM  

  • It's awesome! So, no pattern? You just made it up?

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 9:03 PM  

  • Great use for handspun and it's very handsome, too!

    By Blogger margene, at 10:08 PM  

  • Those are GREAT colors on you.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 10:41 PM  

  • Very nice cowl. It looks so soft and snuggly.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:18 AM  

  • Ooooh, it's sooo lovely!

    By Blogger Deb, at 9:41 AM  

  • I like, I like! :-) This is a super-fantastic idea for those small skeins of handspun. Plus you get all the warmth of a scarf without the trailing ends (and the massive time-suck.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:47 AM  

  • Very nice! That snuggly handspun... mmm... bet it makes you want to spin more too. :)

    By Blogger Jess, at 12:28 PM  

  • Gorgeous!

    By Blogger Chris, at 2:29 PM  

  • I like it!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home