aswim in knits

Saturday, April 26, 2008

my virtual refrigerator door

Approximately thirty seconds ago, I finished writing up a semester's worth of work on "service learning and the millennial student." I still have to do some final editing and come up with a better title, but the hardest part is done, and I have until Thursday to finish the rest.

Right when I start wonder why I spend so much time agonizing over my schoolwork, I get back papers with comments like "Excellent job! A joy to read due to your writing style and the perfect balance of summary and analysis." And then I remember that a job worth doing is worth doing perfectly very well. And, hell, I learned a lot along the way.

Thusly, I am off to reward myself with ice cream and a movie.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • Yay for you! Hope the ice cream and movie were good.

    By Blogger (formerly) no-blog-rachel, at 2:01 AM  

  • Well done! Ice cream and movie sounds like a good reward. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:38 AM  

  • well you probably shouldn't "agonize."
    there's no such thing as "perfection." however, excellence is a worthwhile goal. so good for you!

    By Blogger maryse, at 8:22 AM  

  • That's great, Danielle.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 9:21 AM  

  • A few kudos along the way certainly don't hurt!

    By Blogger Julie, at 10:53 AM  

  • All over but the polishing - yay!!! :)

    By Blogger Chris, at 11:01 AM  

  • Excellent news! I'm so glad it's over. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home