aswim in knits

Sunday, April 20, 2008

clapette

Remember this? Yep, it's that time of the semester again. This time around, it's 15 pages on service-learning and the millennial student.

So, to distract you from the frightening lack of knitting around these parts, let me show you a FO that I eff-ed last week and never blogged - Clapette!

Clapette (by aswim in knits)

Trust me, I am much happier about this project than the photo above would lead you to believe.

This is the first project that I knit for myself with my own handspun. I bought the fiber at Rhinebeck with the intention of making yarn for a Clapotis, and I am pleasantly surprised that it all worked out as I hoped. I did make a narrower version, more scarf-like than wrap-like, and it's perfect! I even had yarn left over.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

  • yay! the clapette looks awesome!

    By Blogger maryse, at 8:25 PM  

  • it's gorgeous! congrats!

    By Blogger yarnophiliac, at 8:48 PM  

  • Bee-autiful!!!! So, how was the knitting with the handspun? Totally jealous:)

    By Blogger Meghann, at 8:49 PM  

  • I love the colors!

    By Blogger Chris, at 10:36 PM  

  • It came out great! That turned out to be the perfect clapotis yarn!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:46 AM  

  • i love it! the yarn is gorgeous! i also have a clapette and i love it's size.

    By Blogger spajonas, at 9:01 AM  

  • Pretty!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:39 AM  

  • Gorgeous! Yay for spinning it too! Love it.

    By Blogger CrazyFiberLady, at 1:25 PM  

  • It really does look good!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:40 PM  

  • It came out perfect!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 11:57 AM  

  • Your own handspun? Thats awesome! You do look angry though, grrrr. It looks fantastic.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 PM  

  • It looks really nice - I love the yarn!
    Deidre

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 PM  

  • Dude. Did you take these pics in the bathroom at work? I totally know that window/stall arrangement. I'll have to remember that. There's good light in there!!

    By Blogger haddy, at 8:49 PM  

  • oh WOW. So pretty! And a useful size, too. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 AM  

  • Oh, how beautiful! I've eagerly been anticipating seeing Clapette ever since you showed the handspun, and she is just as pretty as I thought she'd be.

    By Blogger Susan, at 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home