aswim in knits

Saturday, March 22, 2008

springtime and rainbows

I am so glad its finally starting to feel like spring! I'm itching to start my rainbow of socks but I want to finish up a few other projects first.

In the meantime, I've had rainbows on the brain, and bad. While talking to a colleague yesterday, I did this.
rainbows.JPG (by aswim in knits)
Lined up like little rainbow soldiers.

And then, on my lunch hour, I accidentally bought these:
rainbows.JPG (by aswim in knits)
I went to Winmil Fabrics, intending to buy some fabric to use to line a bag. I found what I wanted (gray linen) but I also kept looking at this print, which was stocked in at least 9 colors. I'm not sure what I'll do with these, but I bought a yard of each. 100% cotton at $2.98/yard? Can't be matched! And Winmil is the kind of place that doesn't necessarily keep things in stock, so once they're gone, they might never be seen again.

Now that it's spring, and days are longer, I'm hoping that I can get more decent photos. I hate blogging without a picture. My camera is a decent little point-and-shoot, but not a terrible fancy one, and it's now 3 years old. I can get good photos in the daylight, but not at night. Yeah, I could build a lightbox, but I just don't want to. I'd rather knit and spin.

So, since I was home this afternoon, I took a bunch of photos of knitting and spinning. Now I have fodder for at least 2 more posts!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • I love the rainbow pens and fabric!

    By Blogger Chris, at 9:37 PM  

  • You don't really need a lightbox. You can do plenty with anything white as a background and one of those clip on $5 lamps from Home Depot with a broad spectrum lightbulb as I found out one dark morning when I needed a photo of something large. Oh and yeah thanks, now I'm going to *have* to go fabric shopping next time I"m in Boston :)Troublemaker :p

    By Blogger Julie, at 3:56 AM  

  • The colors just scream spring!

    By Blogger margene, at 8:58 AM  

  • Pretty rainbows!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 9:55 AM  

  • On the picture front, you can use a piece of white card and bounce the flash, even on a little point and shoot. It just takes a bit of positioning, but it does help with the lighting.

    This weekend seems to be rainbow filled. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 AM  

  • There's something about multicolored pens that just makes my inner magpie's beady little eyes light up.

    Question for you: what is the proper technique for abusing handspun?

    By Blogger Lucia, at 2:48 PM  

  • Gee, I wish there were pretty pens like that in our supply closet!... All we've got are blue and black ballpoints. ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:18 PM  

  • Oooh, pretty fabric. And I'm jealous of the pens, too...

    By Blogger Kate Linnea Welsh, at 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home