aswim in knits

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

with a little help from my friends

A long time ago, I made a Booga Bag.

booga bag.JPG (by aswim in knits)

I know that I used this bag during the spring when I was at my last job. I left there in 2004, so this bag must be close to 4 years old. The left hand side of the green strap started wearing through recently (click to go to Flickr and see where), and I was afraid that I'd have to retire the bag, or at least buy more yarn and knit new straps.

Friends to the rescue!

The Mafia thought that needle felting might help fix the strap. Haddy had some needle felting needles that she was handing off to the Rhonda, and Rhonda kindly let me borrow them. I happened to have some spring green yarn that JulieFrick sent along as part of the Mafghan project. A few moments of vigorous stabbing later, I had a useable bag again. Yay for internet (and in-real-life) friends.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

  • Wow, I NEVER would have thought of something like that!

    By Blogger Bertha, at 4:07 PM  

  • Now I know the answer to the question, "How many uppity women does it take to fix a booga bag?" Nicely done!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:13 PM  

  • *makes mental note of process*

    By Blogger Chris, at 5:19 PM  

  • I never would have thought of that; what a good idea, and what a group of good friends!

    I love the colors of that bag, btw.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:31 AM  

  • Oh goody. It's great when things work out that way.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 6:49 AM  

  • Clever, clever, clever.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 7:26 AM  

  • So smaht!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 AM  

  • Hooray for vigorous stabbing! Wait, that doesn't really sound very nice...but the bag looks good as new.

    By Blogger Katie, at 9:54 AM  

  • I'm glad you salvaged that pretty bag, and got to work off some stress at the same time. ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:16 AM  

  • Very creative! Beat knitting more miles of Icord.

    I have a needle felting project sitting idle. I put it aside after I stabbed myself.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 6:47 AM  

  • I was just saying to my boss the other day, the internet is an amazing thing. Of course I was pulling Securities Exchange Commission press releases and associated publications. But boy things that may have taken weeks, now take only minutes.

    Very cool. I'm glad you found a fix!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 AM  

  • Was it therapeutic too? :-) Love Suzanne's answer!

    By Blogger Manise, at 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home