aswim in knits

Monday, February 04, 2008

Upon turning 30, part I

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes last week. Every time I got a comment, or an email, or a Ravelry message, I smiled and laughed. I feel lucky to be part of such a wonderful, and often irreverent, community.

So, this week, I shall post a bit more about turning 30. It's a big birthday, so let me milk it for a while, okay?

First, I must thank the Mafia, yet again. She was one of the ringleaders of a birthday celebration at work.

She had nothing to do with this lovely carrot cake. I repeatedly demanded expressed my fondness for carrot cake to our office's chief cake orderer several weeks ago. Apparently, I was successful in making my voice heard.

However, the Mafia may have had something to do with this gift ...

Pretty, huh? What was inside?


Apparently, turning 30 makes me officially geriatric. Although I can't give her all the credit hold her entirely responsible for this gift. I do believe that our Fearless Leader (that would be Boss Lady's boss, for those playing along at home) may have aided and abetted her. Luckily for me, there was a gift receipt included in the bottom of the bag :)

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

  • That's a beautiful cake. As for the gift from The Mafia, what else did you expect? And now you can go on long car rides without having to stop and pee.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 7:18 AM  

  • Too funny. I hope the cake tasted as good as it looked!

    By Blogger betheany, at 7:53 AM  

  • So Mafia must be driving you to SPA- wants make sure there are no pit stops OR accidents in her new HOT car! HA!

    Oh and beautiful cake btw!

    By Blogger Manise, at 8:49 AM  

  • That cake looks scrumptious. Love the joke gifts. Heh heh.

    By Blogger Kathy, at 10:30 AM  

  • HA!

    By Blogger Bertha, at 10:50 AM  

  • Bwahahahahaha!!!! Bad Mafia, very bad indeed!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 AM  

  • Beautiful and yummy-looking cake. Are you and Mafia going to SPA? Because it happens to coincide with a certain significant event...

    By Blogger Lucia, at 11:35 AM  

  • mwah ha ha. I agree with Carole: what else did you expect? Such love.

    By Blogger FemiKnitMafia, at 11:53 AM  

  • Boy, if you're geriatric, that makes me... yikes!

    By Blogger Chris, at 12:31 PM  

  • LOVE that cake! I bet that it was just as tasty as it looks.

    As for being geriatric....if you are then I must be ancient.....

    Great gift.....now what did you really get?

    By Blogger Lisa, at 12:45 PM  

  • bwaaaaaaaahhh!!!!!

    By Blogger Ruth, at 4:21 PM  

  • Well, I mean, come'on.....what did you expect? You ARE officially old now:) LOL!

    By Blogger Meghann, at 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home