aswim in knits

Friday, January 11, 2008

on the bobbins

As I proved last week, I can follow a crowd. In addition to the Bird in Hand craze, I also got on board with the NaSpiMoMo fun. (Side note: I always want to say "Nasty Momo." Call me juvenile ...)

I'm working on 12 oz of merino that I bought at Rhinebeck this year, in shades of green, blue, and purple.

(Pardon the flash. Winter days -- and the lack of daylight -- really suck.)

I'm spinning it thin enough to chain-ply into a worsted weight yarn that I will knit into a Clapotis. At least, that's the plan. I did some sampling and got pretty much what I wanted. Let's just see if I can stay consistent through all 12 ounces. Remember, I'm still pretty new at this!

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

  • I'm impressed that you actually have a plan for what you're spinning. I should try that!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 5:14 PM  

  • Oh that yarn is so pretty! I love it.

    By Blogger Crazy Knitting Fool, at 6:34 PM  

  • Very pretty! That's going to make a great Clapotis.

    By Blogger (formerly) no-blog-rachel, at 8:09 PM  

  • Awesome singles Danielle! It'll make a wonderful Clapotis.

    By Blogger Manise, at 9:22 PM  

  • How beautiful, can't wait to see your Clapotis!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:56 PM  

  • Beautiful colors. Clap? Consistency becomes the hobgoblin of little minds. Clap will forgive.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 10:02 PM  

  • Pretty!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 AM  

  • It looks great! And that's a terrific plan. I haven't knit a lot with handspun, but I learned when I knit the Mafghan square that the knitting forgives a lot of inconsistency.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:53 AM  

  • That color is GORGEOUS! I'll look forward to your spinning progress on this Nasty Momo!
    :D

    By Blogger Sandy, at 12:51 PM  

  • Beautiful colors in this fiber! I'm looking forward to seeing the Clapotis.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:35 PM  

  • Sooo pretty!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:26 PM  

  • Is that a Woolee Winder or are you just insanely good at making your bobbins even? (Which is entirely possible...)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:29 PM  

  • That's beautiful. Very even spinning, and I love the colorway. (Like that's a surprise.)

    By Blogger Lucia, at 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home