aswim in knits

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Bed socks for Boss Lady

My boss is a very direct person. It's great -- you always know where you stand with her. When she was in my office earlier this week, she saw my current socks in progress. She announced that she was putting in a request for me to knit her a pair of soft, warm bed socks for her Christmas gift next year. In blue, to match her bedding. And that I should feel free to deliver them earlier if I did not want to wait until Christmas.

Well, when your boss encourages you to attend knit-blogger events on company time, how can you resist a request like that??

Here's the pattern I found ...


These are Gwendolyn's Bed Slippers, made in Lorna's Laces Angel. They even have a little ribbon on the top, just like Boss Lady described in her vision of the perfect bed socks.* I'm not sure if I will be able to find this yarn in a color I like. This is the yarn description from LL's website:

Material: 70% Angora, 30% Lambswool
Description: Soft and fuzzy
Yardage: 50
Weight: 1/2 ounce
Needle Size: 7
Gauge: 5 sts/in

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a substitute? I want something that will be warm and soft, and in a light or medium blue.

* When I sent her the photo for her approval, she printed it out and hung it in her office. She's not kidding around when she says she wants some socks!

3 Comments:

  • Great boss! Hmm, ask her how she feels about religious handwashing - that would definitely affect your yarn choice.

    Maybe Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK? That stuff is DREAMY feeling and has good basic colors.

    By Blogger Chris, at 2:07 PM  

  • Lorna's has some pretty amazing blue colorways ..... have you checked out their website?

    By Blogger Ruth, at 10:03 PM  

  • Wild and Woolly in Lexington just got in a new shipment of Lorna's Laces...maybe go check it out this weekend?

    By Blogger Katie, at 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home