aswim in knits

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Warming Grace

After my big stash review, I discovered a lot of bits of pink yarn leftover from other projects. I decided to make some squares for the Warming Grace blanket project.
Here's what I've got so far ... 5 complete, and one more to finish. From back to front:
1) scraps of Lamb's Pride and Reynold's Blizzard.
2) Bernat Cotton Tots
3) Tahki Cotton Classic
4) more Blizzard
5) more Cotton Classic
6) Knitpicks Shine

Now, before you remind me that the Blizzard has some acrylic content in it ... I already know that! I emailed Cynthia and she said that as long as I label them as such, she thought that she could use them in another blanket for someone who does not have any sensitivity to acrylic.

Here is another photo, since the Mafia was of the firm opinion that the striped square should go in front -- she picked up the squares and reorganized them to her satisfaction. Hey, they don't call her "The Mafia" for nothing!

6 Comments:

  • Hey, I like that stripey one. Even if Ms. Perfectionist doesn't like the edges on it, there is no reason to cover it up with all those plain jane solid color squares. Geeeeezzz. I mean, really. ;-)

    By Blogger FemiKnitMafia, at 4:37 PM  

  • Great squares! I think the only pink I have in my stash is some very scratchy evil hot pink Red Heart wool. Eww.

    By Blogger Chris, at 9:40 PM  

  • They are pretty! I'm getting started on my squares this weekend.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 PM  

  • Your squares are beautiful! I love all the different shades of pink. Such a wonderful cause... take care, Danielle! :-)

    By Blogger chris, at 2:56 AM  

  • I love your squares. and you remind me to excavate the pink yarn in my stash .....

    By Blogger Ruth, at 8:20 AM  

  • You're in the pink. Nifty squares for a cuddle blanket!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home