aswim in knits

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Aargh!

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by my knitting to-do list. So, I'm going to try to organize it here.
(Added after I typed all of the below: I'm not sure that this helped at all, as I am just as overwhelmed as before, and now feeling hideously greedy and over-consuming for even having all of this stuff in my stash!!! And I know that there is more that I'm not even mentioning!!!)

WIPS:

  • Alpaca scarf
    DSCN0671-2

    This has been in progress since October. I bought 3 balls of the alpaca yarn, and just started the second ball. So far, the scarf is 30", if I remember correctly. Before I knit any more, I want to make a matching hat and then see how much yarn is left. I know I can easily get a hat and scarf, but I'm wondering if I have enough for mittens too. I'm just not inspired to start the hat, and I don't want to finish the scarf until I decide how much yarn I will need for the hat and possible mitts. And I'm not even sure that I want a hat and scarf without the mittens!

  • Garter rib socks in Schaeffer Anne

    These have also been on the needles for a while. That's ok, though. They are a good on-the-go project, and at 9 or 10 sts/in, I don't expect to finish any time soon.

  • Charity knitting -- hats and socks (see below)




Deadline projects, WIPS and otherwise:

  • Sockapaloooza socks

    I am up to the gussets on my toe-up Jaywalkers. Need to finish by late April.

  • Seaman's scarf for FIL birthday, May 17. To match his gloves and hat. Not yet started.

  • Brother b-day socks? Little Bro requested a pair of thin wool socks for his b-day, which is May 15. He's a boy, so they need to be machine wash/dry, and not too colorful. Suggestions for a boring colored, soft, washable sock yarn, anyone? Maybe he'll just get a wrapped up box of yarn and a promise to design per his specs.



Charity knits:

  • Mission Falls 1824 wool scrap hats. Made several, have enough yarn for a couple more.

    And there's still more that's not in that photo...

  • Kool aid dyed hat. Started, but probably should rip and make smaller. Or not.

  • Greenish blue lopi hat. Not yet started

  • Preemie hats -- lots of leftover light cottons, acrylics, etc. Haven't started yet.

  • More Bernat Cotton-Tots sweaters? I still have several balls.



Other projects in my stash:

  • Jacke Rouge

    I started this around New Year's. I liked how it was looking, but the sleeve shaping is all wrong for my body. And, I was adjusting for gauge, different sizing, etc., and wasn't exactly right. Also, my ribs and pattern didn't line up the way I would want. Plus, after knitting an entire back, I think that I would like the fabric better at a tighter gauge. So, I shall rip and rework the numbers before casting on again. I really like the sweater, and I would like to wear it this spring/summer.

  • Must Have Cardigan for my mom
    Started this a looong time ago. Mom has been asking about it (although I reminded her that she received one of the three adult sweaters I've ever knit!) Didn't know about Addis when I started the MHC. Need to get back to it with new needles.

  • Tesselating fish afghan (with leftovers ... but which leftovers?

  • Leftovers-inspired vest with various pink and purple cotton yarns. I didn't think I was a vest person, but this idea has been nagging at my brain for a while now ...

  • pink ArtYarns socks

  • periwinkle ArtYarns socks (see photo above)

  • Sock it to me socks -- on the right in the photo

  • Jawoll jacquard socks

  • Lace socks from spring IK

  • socks from handdyed sock yarn from Mind's Eye
    DSCN0726-2

  • felted clogs for Thom

  • baby sweater with DB cotton silk aran -- Trellis or DB pattern?

3 Comments:

  • Oh my. That does seem like a lot. Maybe it's best not to list it all out!??

    Boring brother yarn... I've actually seen some nice sort of subdued Anne before. There's also a Regia Silk that I've never seen in person, but the pictures show perfect solid boy colors.

    By Blogger Chris, at 7:31 PM  

  • Regia has some good self-patterning guy colors, as does Lang Jawoll. Have you looked at the Knitting Zone? (http://www.knittingzone.com/)

    By Blogger Ruth, at 10:40 PM  

  • Ooh, that is QUITE a list! I feel overwhelmed on your behalf :)

    Love the fun stripey Jaywalkers!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home