aswim in knits

Thursday, March 23, 2006

More hats

I finished a few more hats for the Afghans for Afghans project. Here are all 4 of the hats that I will be sending.




Going clockwise, the two on top are made of Mission Falls 1824 wools in a variety of colors.

The one on the bottom right is some leftover Schoeller+Stahl Big Print, with some Lamb's Pride (green) and a Knitpicks alpaca blend (pale blue).

The one on the lower left is made of 3 different alpaca blends from Knitpicks, 2 of which came from our SnB yarn buffet last summer. The purple is Suri Dream, which came from Yarn Buffet #2.

I think I'm going to make some baby socks with the pink and purple yarn from the buffet #1 and include them in the package with the hats.

Oh yes, I also started my Sockapaloooza socks and will post a photo tomorrow, I hope.

6 Comments:

  • Wow, your hats are all so fun!

    By Blogger Chris, at 3:47 PM  

  • They're beautiful, especially the Mission Falls hats. Great colorwork.

    By Blogger FemiKnitMafia, at 8:11 PM  

  • All of your hats are wonderful! I especially like the Mission Falls Fair Isle. I've always wondered how the Suri Dream knits up- it's really cute! Adds a fun flair to the hat. Fantastic work- take care, Danielle! :-)

    By Blogger chris, at 9:33 PM  

  • The hats are adorable!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 PM  

  • Those hats look so warm and sweet :-)

    By Blogger Kathy, at 5:40 PM  

  • some pleased & happy children are going to be wearing those. So nice to give isn't it? you do nice work & have a generous soul.

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home