aswim in knits

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Thuja

Do you remember this package that I got from Chaotic Chris last month?



In the top of the photo, there are 3 skeins of variegated green and blue yarn -- Schoeller+Stahl "Big Print". I mentioned that it might want to become a pair of Thujas. Yeah, I was right...




These worked up pretty quickly. I started them on Friday, March 3, and finished them on Sunday, March 12. For other people, this may not be quick, but given how busy my week was, this is a pretty big acccomplishment for me.

Project specs:
Pattern Thuja from Knitty.com
Yarn: Schoeller+Stahl "Big Print", color 7932
Needles: Addi Turbos, size 4; Magic Loop technique, 2-at-once
Gauge: 24 sts/4 in
Modifications: None, and they fit beautifully!

I had some extra yarn left over, so I started another hat for charity for the 40 Days for Others knit-along. This one is for the Afghans for Afghans baby hat drive. I knit it top-down, based very loosely on Susan's Live Dangerously, Don't Swatch hat pattern. I ran out of yarn, so I added some lime green Lamb's Pride for the ribbing. Umm, and I ran out of that, so I added some light blue something alpaca-ish from Knitpicks. Then I was done :)




A for A needs a bunch of wool baby hats in the next month. I have some more wool in the stash, so I'm hoping to contribute at least 4. I started another one last night. Pix to follow tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home