aswim in knits

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Artyarns rocks!

Have I mentioned that customer service -- or lack thereof -- is one of my HUGE pet peeves? (I get that from my father...)

When I sent an email to Artyarns to let them know about my "underweight" skeins, I wasn't sure what kind of response to expect. Well, this was the reply, and they have certainly won me over! I will definitely encourage other people to buy from them ....

Dear Danielle:
I am so sorry for your frustration. This is not supposed to happen, and I appreciate that you have informed us. We spot-check the skeins front time to time, and weigh all the bags to ensure that a bag of 10 has the right total weight (500 grams). Our skeiners are skeining by yardage, and once in a while there will be a slight variation in the yarn so that the same yardage is less weight--you may actually have 191 yards in your skein. In any case, I would like to send you two free skeins of Ultramerino 4 for your trouble. If you ran out of yarn for your socks, please send me a small amount so we can try to match it as best we can, or if you would like something different let me know. When you write back, please send us your mailing address.
Take care,
Iris Schreier
http://www.artyarns.com/

Just in case you were wondering, here is what I consider to be the recipe for good customer service in response to a less-than-satisfied customer.
1) Acknowledge the problem, and apologize for the customer's inconvenience.
2) Explain why the problem happened, if necessary.
3) Explain how it will be rectified.

Now, go visit their website and buy some yarn!

6 Comments:

  • That's fabulous!! I had a similar experience with Cascade Yarns when I got a bad skein of Cascade 220 once.

    Yay!

    I am NOT always on line. Sheesh. ;p

    By Blogger Chris, at 11:30 PM  

  • That is terrific!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:23 AM  

  • I'm impressed ... good for them!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 10:10 AM  

  • above and beyond! excellent experience :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:25 AM  

  • Well, even more reason to purchase more yarn!

    By Blogger Kathy, at 4:37 PM  

  • artyarns is the new favourite 'round town. glad to hear they're super responsive! i also had good luck with brittany needles -- they sent me a new replacement after i wrote them about one of my tips splintering. the places with good customer service are doing everyone a favour -- respect all around.

    By Blogger christine, at 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home