aswim in knits

Friday, April 21, 2006

more drive-by blogging

I'm taking an abbreviated lunch hour. I have a meeting in 24 minutes. How much can I blog before then??

We saw the Yarn Harlot last night.
Edited to add: And we got our 15 minutes of fame...

This is 3/4 of us (ChrisQ had to go see a plumber about a catastrophic leak, and Jessica was chatting with someone else, I think.)
And here are more of us with Ms. YH herself. Note to Stephanie: You may think you are short, but Christine is shorter.
You may notice that I am wearing my Sitcom Chic. You may also recall that until now, there are no FO pics in existence. In fact, this is the last time I talked about it ... yeah, July 24 -- 9 months ago ....

That's because I finished the sweater last summer, except for sewing the ribbon to the inside front edges. I found the right color ribbon, and it sat around for a looooong time. Until Wednesday night, when I decided that I had to wear the sweater on Thursday and needed to sew in the ribbons.

To make a long story short, after 2 hours of futzing around, I had the ribbons in, and was very happy with the finished product.
This is the ribbon ...
With no sign of it showing through on the front...

Drive-by blogging officially completed. About those Jaywalkers ... we'll get to them later :)

4 Comments:

  • I saw y'all at YH first - yay!!

    Oh, that is EXACTLY what I need to do to my Sitcom Chic in the same color that I finished last summer. Off to go look for matching ribbon. Danged curling front.

    By Blogger Chris, at 7:12 PM  

  • Looks like you guys had a blast! I love your Sitcom Chic -- what yarn did you use? The ribbon looks perfect. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:11 PM  

  • What a beautiful sweater! That one has been on my to-knit list for a long time.

    I'm sorry I missed seeing Harlot on Thursday .... her readings are always such a hoot. Did she bring her Olympic sweater along?

    By Blogger Ruth, at 8:14 AM  

  • That ribbon is beautifully sewn in! I'm generally not game to go near my finished knits with a needle....

    By Blogger Peevish, at 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home