aswim in knits

Friday, February 22, 2008

I've been busy

I made my mother in law a pair of felted slippers (at her request) for Christmas.

slippers for mim

I was afraid to felt them down too small, so I gave them to her with instructions to felt them down further if needed. She's a knitter, who has felted before, so I thought it would be OK. But, she was afraid that she'd make them too small and asked me to finish the felting and then return them to her. No problem ...

Until we had a power outage mid-felting. The machine turned back on when the power came back on, and I didn't remember to check the clogs right away. Ooops. They're too small now.

Mim's clogs, part I.JPG

So, I made her another pair. Luckily, I had another skein of the upper color, and a similar color for the bottoms.

Mim's clogs II


I figured that as long as I was felting one pair, I might as well felt some other stuff.

hat trick

That's three pairs of clogs. The red ones on the bottom are for Thom, who tries to wear my clogs around the house, albeit with the back of his heels hanging out. I thought he needed some of his own. The green ones on top are for the Mafia's Little Man. She bought the yarn a while ago, and I volunteered to knit it up for her. (Who'd have guessed that she'd pick bright green yarn? Shocker, I tell you....)
stacks of wool

I have more feltable wool in the stash (!) and was thinking that perhaps I ought to make another pair for me. You know, in case my current ones wear out. You'd think I'd be sick of this pattern by now, having knit 6 pairs, but I still like it :)

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • I think its one of those patters that can be knit over and over again and it never get old. I really enjoyed making my 3 pairs this summer. I'll be knitting more and more and more.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:19 PM  

  • I have the pattern ... so I better get busy and knit some. I LOVE the way yours came out!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 1:26 PM  

  • What lucky people in your life! I want a pair so bad, but I have horrid luck with felting... thick socks have to do around here!

    By Blogger Jess, at 2:23 PM  

  • Great colors! Hopefully you know someone who can wear the pair that won't fit your MIL anymore.

    By Blogger Chris, at 3:27 PM  

  • That's a nice looking stack of clogs to be. I love the colors!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:27 PM  

  • I'm still sad about the orange ones that didn't work out. But those bright green ones have got to be the next best thing...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home