aswim in knits

Friday, February 29, 2008

WIP wrangling

Where do things stand in the world of wool? Ummm, unfinished.

The clogs of last week? Not only are they still unfelted, they are still sitting in the same place as last week. On the dining room sideboard. Yeah, I don't think hubby is thrilled with that location. (He's probably even less thrilled that my suitcase from SPA is still on the floor next to the dining table ... I'll have to do something about that ...)

I started some new stuff. A sock, for moments like these. (Please note the unintentional matching of the sweater and the sock in progress.)

sock  (by aswim in knits)
(Regia sock yarn in one of the Kaffe Fassett -- rhymes with "safe asset" -- colorways. More deets on Ravelry.)

I also started a sweater for the little sibling of this dude. He's now two years old, and expecting a brother or sister in April. The parents are friends of mine from childhood. There were 4 of us who lifeguarded together, in three different class years, at two different schools. We all went in different directions for college. Several years later, Tracie and Chris ended up back in the same area, and coaching the swim team that practices at the pool where we all lifeguarded a decade ago. They fell in love and got married, and a year later had their first kid, and now #2 is on the way. (Can I get an awwww?)

Tracie and Chris are both teachers, and the whole family (including the much-loved dog) lives at camp for the summer, the same camp where Chris spent every summer of his childhood and college years. Tracie asked for a baby sweater that kid #2 can wear at camp when the evenings are chilly.

Chocolate brown superwash wool with puppy buttons? Check!

puppy buttons (by aswim in knits)
(on Ravelry)

I'm also doing some test knitting for a friend. I'll have to ask her how much I can say about it. Here's a teaser. I think she'll let me get away with this much. This one will take some time and a wee bit of brainpower, hence the stockinette projects featured above.
xcu (by aswim in knits)

Oh, and ummm, I also have an afghan that needs some attention...

And another sock. Almost forgot about that one ... better get cracking.

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

  • I love the Kaffe Fassett colorways. So gorgeous. Have you seen his books about quilts? Fabric...oye gevalt.

    By Blogger Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo, at 11:05 PM  

  • OK, here you go ... "awwww!" And that sweater/sock match up - too funny.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:37 PM  

  • The doggie sweater will be too cute! I'm so glad you had time for a quick hello at SPA as you were one of the few folks I actually saw and spoke to :)

    By Blogger Julie, at 4:42 AM  

  • That's a lot of projects at once. And yes, you'd better get that suitcase moved and unpacked. Thom must be twitching by now.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 7:38 AM  

  • dang that's a cute sweater!:) And to make you feel better.....my kids laundry, that was washed and folded last weekend, is still sitting on the kitchen table! My husband isn't all that thrilled either.....

    By Blogger Meghann, at 10:31 AM  

  • Those are the cutest buttons! I love them!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:24 PM  

  • Puppy buttons!!! Aw.... :-)

    Is there much work still to be done on the Maf-ghan? It was looking pretty huge the last time I saw it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:25 PM  

  • I love the colors in the sock! Those are awfully cute buttons on that sweater too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:00 AM  

  • Awwww.

    Yes, you can get away with that much. But don't push it.

    By Blogger Lucia, at 11:28 AM  

  • Love those puppy buttons.

    I'm getting ready to whip up some clogs for Eldest. Want to have a felting party?

    By Blogger Ruth, at 10:49 PM  

  • Wow so many projects on the needles! Watch out, Danielle you're quickly catching my disease (obsession) of "start-o-tytis". I love the colors going on in the sock!!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 4:59 AM  

  • Total disclosure in WIPS! Nice job (and awwwwwww for sure).

    By Blogger Laurie, at 6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home