aswim in knits

Friday, April 04, 2008

getting cultured

One of the things I love best about living in the Boston area is that we have so many cultural events and institutions. A world-class art museum, an innovative science museum, a couple of good theater companies, a professional ballet, and an internationally successful orchestra are the best known cultural offerings, but hardly the only ones. Yet, I hardly ever take advantage of all these great things in my own backyard. I think 2008 should be my year to get some culture.

With that in mind, I'm off to hear a poetry reading tonight to commemorate of the 40th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s assassination. Local, free, and I even have parking privileges across the street. No excuse not to go!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • sounds like fun! I miss going to the theater and stuff since the kids!

    By Blogger Meghann, at 4:22 PM  

  • Next time Grant wants to go to the BSO, I'll have him call you.

    By Blogger Lucia, at 6:22 PM  

  • I totally need to do the same here - I swear I got more culture in Minneapolis/St Paul when I lived 90 miles away than I do living here.

    By Blogger Chris, at 9:50 PM  

  • I couldn't agree with you more. My grandfather played for the BSO for 40 years.

    By Blogger Manise, at 8:41 AM  

  • That sounds like a great plan! I would love to live in a place with so much culture at my fingertips. My daughter is in your city today with her fiance. Her future in-laws are hosting an engagement party.....we live too far away to attend....sniff sniff

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:08 PM  

  • I love Boston and wish I got there more often.

    I hope we're going to get a report on the poetry reading; that is definitely something I'd have loved to attend.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home