aswim in knits

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

slippers and WIPs

Last month, I showed you this pile of slippers, pre-felting.

hat trick (by aswim in knits)

They've been felted!

For my mother-in-law (modeled by me):
Mim's clogs.JPG (by aswim in knits)
(on Ravelry)

For Thom:
Thom's clogs (by aswim in knits)
(on Ravelry)

For the Mafia's Little Man (a little big, but he'll grow into them):
LM's clogs.JPG (by aswim in knits)
(on Ravelry)

The pink and red ones are Araucania Nature Wool. I'm not thrilled with this yarn for felting. The slippers came out fuzzy and linty and a bit hairy. They look a little scruffy.

The green ones are Cascade Ecological Wool, and I love this yarn as much as I love regular Cascade 220 for felting! It's a bit thicker, and the plies seem rounder and have more of a "beaded" look than the 220. It felts down to a dense, smooth, even, sturdy fabric.

I've had enough of this pattern for a while! But, finishing these puppies knocked my WIP list from 8 to 5. Here's what's left:

sock  (by aswim in knits)xcu (by aswim in knits)puppy buttons (by aswim in knits)Maf-ghan (by aswim in knits)Vinnland (by aswim in knits)

1) A pair of socks for me. Working top down. Done with the gussets of both, and almost at the toe of one of them.
2) Seekrit knitting. In time out. Over half done. Found a mistake about 2/3 of the way through the part I have finished. Need to rip back or perform complex knitting maneuvers to fix.
3) Baby sweater. Ran out of yarn!! First time this has happened, and one of the only times I've bought yarn on line. Now awaiting add'l yarn. Should arrive this week.
4) Mafghan. Not a portable project. Need to work on this at home. Need to finish before warm weather makes working on an afghan an unpleasant project!
5) Vinnland sock. Not feeling the love. Might rip out.

I have a serious case of finish-itis. A rare disease, far less common than its cousin, start-itis. I want to get these off the needles!!!

So, some goals:
1) Socks: No deadline. Simple and stockinette, they'll get done soon.
2) Seekrit project deadline: April 15.
3) Baby sweater: I'll probably finish this as soon as the yarn arrives.
4) Mafghan: Finish sewing squares together by April 10. Weave ends by end of April. Add borders in May. (Heh, I should be able to do this!)
5) Vinnland: Frog, I think.

No more new projects until I'm down to just the afghan!!

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

  • I feel about the same re: the Araucania for felting. I also thought that it made a flimsier felt than Lamb's Pride or Cascade 220.

    Wow - work that finishing mojo while you have it!

    By Blogger Chris, at 7:22 PM  

  • You may not be enjoying that last sock, but I love the yarn -- what is it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 PM  

  • What about the Vinnland is not thrilling you?

    Stuff looks good, particularly the Mafghan.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:48 AM  

  • You have been busy and the slippers all look great.

    By Blogger margene, at 10:32 AM  

  • Love the Mafghan! That offer of seaming help still stands. I am just saying is all.

    By Blogger Lucia, at 10:47 AM  

  • I too have finishitis. This weekend I'm determined to get a good start to finishing up Ringbloomst and Frog Pond. Those have the most finishing and no to little knitting. Then I want to work on Forest Path Stole and get that finally off the needles. I'm ready to be done and have a clean slate.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:32 PM  

  • I LOVE your polka dot jammies! :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:08 PM  

  • Good luck finishing these projects! The felted clogs came out great! I miss SNB. Hope you guys are well!

    By Blogger Bostonworkerbee, at 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home