aswim in knits

Thursday, May 15, 2008

sometimes I surprise myself

Just before going to the NH Sheep and Wool Festival this weekend, I decided that I ought to finish up what was on the wheel.

I started with this BFL top from Fat Cat Knits:

Fat Cat Knits (by aswim in knits)

And made this yarn:

BFL handspun (by aswim in knits)

All the details are Raveled here.

I didn't love the colors of the fiber, but wanted to explore outside of my typical comfort zone. I like the spun yarn better than the unspun fiber. I swatched a little bit last night, and I think like how it looks. Maybe a cowl, à la JulieFrick? Or fingerless mittens. Or maybe a scarf like Caro's beautiful not-Noro one.

Labels:

14 Comments:

  • That yarn is gorgeous (and so is that not noro scarf! Wow.)

    By Blogger Bertha, at 2:19 PM  

  • Wow, what a difference once it's spun. I like the yarn a whole lot better than the roving also.

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 2:40 PM  

  • The scarf like Caro's would be a great idea. I wouldn't have predicted what that has become, either.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:59 PM  

  • I love Fat Cat Knits. Isn't her fiber awesome? :-) And you did an excellent job with it. Though looking at the finished skein, it doesn't seem to be that far from your usual colors, does it? I see bluish-purple, I see green... ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 PM  

  • Beautiful!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:21 PM  

  • Gorgeous!

    By Blogger Kat, at 3:34 PM  

  • Very, very pretty!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:35 PM  

  • Wow, that skein looks great! Nice tight, even plies, well done!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:55 PM  

  • Gorgeous!

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:57 AM  

  • Lovely!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 AM  

  • Oooohh, nice skein!

    By Blogger Manise, at 3:32 PM  

  • I would never have predicted that yarn as the end result. It's beautiful.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 11:23 PM  

  • Dang, woman, you are getting really GOOD! *wants spinning wheel*

    By Blogger TheWantonSeedStitch, at 8:53 AM  

  • Wow! You did a really amazing job spinning that up. It turned out beautifully!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home