aswim in knits

Thursday, May 08, 2008

sweet anticipation

Every once in a while I feel like life is getting just a bit crazy, and I need to refocus. But, since I can't control most of the things that are making my head spin right now, I'm taking it out on my knitting. I decided that I needed to clear the decks, clean the slate, start anew ... and get rid of all my WIPs!

For the past three weeks, I've been devoting all my knitting time to two projects. One is done, but needs a photo shoot. The other one is close to being done, but it's seekrit, so I can't show you. Once I finish this second project, all my WIPs will be FOs! (In the interest of full disclosure, I do have one sock toe that should be ripped and an ancient UFO sweater, but I'm not counting either as a WIP... )

While project monogamy is good for creating FO's -- go figure! -- I'm dreaming of other knits. I'm hankering to knit up my rainbow of socks next. Last night I wound the red yarn. Mmmm ....

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • I totally recommend Hedera. It was a fun pattern to knit and the lace pattern is easy to memorize.

    By Blogger Meghann, at 6:01 PM  

  • Ooohhhh... I vote Socks for Veronick. I really want to knit that one up soon myself!

    By Blogger Jess, at 7:25 PM  

  • Hmm...I like Hedera, Socks for Veronik, or Twinkleberry, myself, and I think they'd all be lovely with the red yarn...

    You and I must be on the same wavelength about the UFOs. I've been working on project monogamy, and on finishing UFOs between new projects. It's a little...irksome sometimes when I want something new Right Now, but it's been aces for my productivity. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:57 PM  

  • How about Rivendell?

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:05 PM  

  • Nice list. Bayerische, just so I can see you do it. Or Hedgerow.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 9:08 PM  

  • That's a great list! I like twinkleberry, mostly for the name if you were going to MAKE me choose ;-)

    By Blogger Sarah, at 9:23 PM  

  • FWIW, I LOVED knitting my Hedera. That said, I'd probably love the other patterns you listed, too...I just haven't tried them yet. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 AM  

  • Twinkleberry does it for me. I can invision that yarn in that pattern.

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 12:35 PM  

  • Either Hedgerow or Froot Loop would be great in the red Smooshy.

    By Blogger Manise, at 7:40 PM  

  • I'm casting my vote for:

    Hedgerow
    Bayerische (because you are an awesome knitter)
    Leyburn

    In no particular order.

    By Blogger Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo, at 7:53 AM  

  • That yarn says cable to me, rather than lace... of course a lot of things say cable to me. I vote for the Bayerische of the ones you listed.

    (I got a great shot of you and your coconspirators, er, buddies, despite your best efforts.)

    By Blogger Lucia, at 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home