aswim in knits

Sunday, May 04, 2008

things to do when I graduate

I'm half an exam away from finishing this semester, and only have 2 more summer classes left before I finish my degree. There are so many things I want to do that I keep putting off until I'm done with school ...

1) sew curtains for the bedrooms, office, and bathroom.

2) exercise more regularly.

3) explore where in my area I can buy local produce, dairy, eggs, etc. I'm totally inspired by the photos Maryse, Elisa, and Ashley have posted recently, as well as the discussion about local foods that seems to be all over the blogosphere recently.

4) read for fun. Read a whole bunch of books that I stumbled across in grad school and never read. Read some of the classics that I missed as an undergrad/high school student.

5) Spin more.

6) Spend more time with friends.

7) Go on vacation with Thom. We've talked about Iceland for a few years, and he even told me that I can bring back several pounds of wool.

8) Cook more.

9) Have kid(s). I think. Not quite yet, but someday soon, I hope.

I guess if I want to do all of this, I'd best get back to my exam now.

Labels:

17 Comments:

  • Just be sure to do items 1-8 before item 9, or you will find yourself without too much free time once again ;-)

    By Blogger Pumpkinmama, at 1:58 PM  

  • Well, you have Smolak's to help you with #3, and maybe Spring Hill Farm in Bradford, but I haven't found a real local place with everything. I'm trying to find a local CSA to join but none of them work for me.

    By Blogger Susan, at 2:15 PM  

  • Wow, I like it how you just threw #9 in! :) Great list!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:49 PM  

  • Email me....I have a few good spots for local stuff. And BABIES!!!!!:)

    By Blogger Meghann, at 2:58 PM  

  • I know, Ashley's photo's yesterday got me totally psyched up, I had no idea you might be able to get yarn at a farmer's market! I'm going to have to start scouting for good ones in the area...Matt says he thinks there's on in Topsfield near the fairgrounds.

    By Blogger Bertha, at 3:40 PM  

  • I'm impressed with how much you do, aside from working a full-time job!

    Hope your semester ends with a bang and you get to have some fun!

    By Blogger Kathy, at 5:37 PM  

  • Wow. That's one great list when having a kid is right in there with sewing curtains! Best of luck with all of it!!

    By Blogger Emily, at 7:57 PM  

  • Isn't it amazing how exams and papers get you working on so many other things instead?! ;)

    By Blogger Chris, at 9:35 PM  

  • I'm with pumpkinmama- Get 1-8 done before #9. My kitchen curtains have been needing to be hemmed for over 2 years now! Item 9 is totally worth the loss of free time though!

    By Blogger Erin, at 10:36 PM  

  • That's a lifetime of stuff to do.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:17 AM  

  • You're smart to make a list. It will help you to remember the things that matter.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 8:12 AM  

  • I'm dying to go to Iceland too. I'd bring an empty bag with me just to fill with wool. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 AM  

  • That's a great list, Danielle, and one that I really identify with.

    As far as the exercise thing goes, I've decided that rather than say I'm going to exercise, I'm looking for opportunities to play outside. On Saturday I gardened, I took the dogs for lots of walks, and I'm hoping that a bicycle is in my (very) near future. Fun! Playing! Yay!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:35 PM  

  • Yay for reading books for fun and going on vacations (not mutually exclusive, btw....)!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:01 PM  

  • Great list. That should keep you busy for a while. :) I've always wanted to go to Iceland too. Local produce is easy to find around here in the summer but not so easy other times of the year.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:32 AM  

  • Best of luck with school. You definitely have some great ideas to do with all that "free time" you'll have when you're done! :)

    By Blogger Jessica, at 1:35 PM  

  • Have Kids! Have Kids! Have Kids!

    I keep meaning to email you back to tell you - there is NEVER a good time or a right time. It's a bit like jumping into an ice cold pool. If you already know that someday you want to be swimming - JUST JUMP!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home