aswim in knits

Monday, June 23, 2008

still here, but surprisingly quiet

Test, test ... is this thing still on?

Oh, hi!

Yeah, I'm still here, even if I haven't been saying much. I've been keeping busy with work (new office location!) and school (6 weeks to go before I finish my degree!) and coaching (almost at the end of the season!), like always. I've been remarkably content for the past couple of weeks, and spending time away from the computer. Nothing special going on, just a convergence of lots of little things that have made me happy. And the nice weather never hurts!

Oh, and hey ... I've been spinning!

purplicious (by aswim in knits)
About 500 yards of heavy laceweight/light fingering weight. Merino/tencel blend. Good spinning, craptacular plying...

targhee fiber (by aswim in knits)
Some fluffy targhee on its way to becoming yarn ...
targhee singles (by aswim in knits)
Singles for a 2-ply fingering-to-sport weight.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

  • oooooh, pretty!

    By Blogger bockstark.knits, at 3:47 AM  

  • Pretty spinning!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:45 AM  

  • There is absolutely nothing wrong with being content!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 7:13 AM  

  • That purple skein is lovely!

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:26 AM  

  • I can't see the craptastic part :)
    The bottom singles look perfect, so how could the purple be nasty?

    By Blogger Laurie, at 9:22 AM  

  • It's amazing that you are about to finish your program! It seems like you just started! (Well, maybe not to you, heh...)

    I think the spinning looks fine. Nothing craptastic here! Especially after knitting and blocking, which hides a multitude of sins.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:25 AM  

  • The spinning looks perfect from my neck of the woods.

    You probably won't be getting over to the main campus for SnB knitting much anymore huh? I've missed a few weeks myself. Lots of socks on the burner right now.

    Happy spinning!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 11:48 AM  

  • Ooooooh. Pretty. It's all that spinning that's making you float contentedly along.

    By Blogger Lucia, at 2:52 PM  

  • Aw man, you TOTALLY make me want to spin! *sigh*

    By Blogger TheWantonSeedStitch, at 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home