aswim in knits

Monday, July 14, 2008

the post in which I talk about things for my feet

It's 1:00 in the morning and I can't sleep. This NEVER happens to me. I'm a damn good sleeper. In fact, I slept 9 hours last night, and napped for another hour or two late this afternoon. Oh, maybe that's why I'm awake now....

So, I guess it's a good time to pop by the blog for a visit.

What have I been up to? Let's see, I knit a sock:
outside on the fence (by aswim in knits)
(Traveler's Stocking, from Knitting on the Road. Raveled.)

I started the second one, but I have to follow the chart for the top part of the leg, and I have no attention span right now.

So I started more socks, this time with some handspun(!).
handspun socks - two toes (by aswim in knits)

I'm up to the heels now, and I'm enjoying them immensely. I love them so much that I don't even mind their fraternal-ness.

Oh, and these have been getting some use:

sneakers (by aswim in knits)

I've started the Couch to 5K running plan. Weeks 1-3 were ok, but week 4 is kicking my ass. In a good way. I am waaaay out of shape, and it's time to do something about it. I'm aiming to run a 5K around Labor Day, or just before or after. I'd like to lose 30 pounds too, and I'm hoping this will help.

Well, I should probably wander back to bed. See if I can fall asleep, since the alarm will go off in less than 5 hours. Nighty night!

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

  • Hopefully you got some sleep. The Traveler's Stocking is gorgeous! And the handspun socks have a very Noroesque look to them. :)

    Congrats on getting out and moving - I can relate to the challenge of that.

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:43 AM  

  • I've been meaning to start the Couch to 5K for a couple months, but keep not doing it. I should remedy that.

    By Blogger Bertha, at 9:52 AM  

  • A bunch of us are doing the Race for the Cure in Boston again on Sept 7th. You should join us!

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 10:10 AM  

  • I've been getting up around 2 or 3 in the morning lately myself. Yawning at the moment in fact. Good luck with the Couch to 5K ... I'm lucky to just be walking on a regular basis myself.

    Love the socks!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 11:06 AM  

  • Oooh! Is the Traveler's Stocking one of your "rainbow" projects? I'll check it out on Rav and see if it's so! Anyway, wow, it's lovely. (And that goes double for the handspun ones--even though they're just toes right now, I can see that they're going to be stunners!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:58 PM  

  • mmmm, love the traveler's sock! and the new ones you started as well. couch to 5K sounds like a great idea. too bad i can't run. hard on my knees and hips :(

    By Blogger spajonas, at 8:12 PM  

  • Insomnia is how I discovered blogs! It can be useful.

    Traveler is pretty. And I didn't know you were a toe up kind of girl.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 7:12 AM  

  • well, either you napped too much or your pregnant ;) Sleepy at the wrong times and awake all night was the case with number two for me!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 AM  

  • the handspun is lovely. GL with the running!

    By Blogger Sara, at 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home