aswim in knits

Sunday, September 21, 2008

karma sometimes works in my favor

Last year, I set out to knit a sweater for Rhinebeck. I did not finish it for Rhinebeck. But I did finish it. And, although I got gauge and the sweater ended up exactly the size and shape I intended, it wasn't the right size and shape for me! So it's going to my mother-in-law because it looks perfect on her.

PumpkinMama had a very similar experience recently with her Sunrise Circle jacket.

Guess who the sweater fit? Yes, me! I went over to her house to try it on, not really expecting it to be the right size. But, it looked like it was made for me!

Sunrise Circle back (by aswim in knits)

Sunrise Circle front (by aswim in knits)

I do need to reposition the buttons and button loops a bit, but otherwise it's just right. So, I'll be buying PumpkinMama some yarn to make a new one for herself, and keeping this one for me!

Since my Rhinebeck 2007 sweater didn't work out, I think I can use the good karma points I earned in giving it to MIL and call the Sunrise Circle jacket my Rhinebeck 2008 sweater, right? Maybe I need to wear a button that says "handknit, but not by me"?

PS -- If you're wondering about that pile of rocks, the story is here.

Labels: , ,

21 Comments:

  • Oh my! I had totally forgotten your last years Rhinebeck sweater story. This was SO meant to be. Wear it well, friend!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:28 PM  

  • Whoa, that totally *does* look perfect on you! Lucky!

    By Blogger Bertha, at 7:35 PM  

  • wow, how fabulous! karma is great that way :) looks perfect on you!

    By Blogger spajonas, at 7:37 PM  

  • It really does look like it was made for you! You look great in it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:03 PM  

  • Lovely, lovely! It's definitely your Rhinebeck sweater. I'll see you in it there!

    By Blogger Adrian, at 9:21 PM  

  • I have to say that sweater looks better on you than it has on anyone else I've seen model it. It's perfect for you. Or you're perfect for it - whichever!

    By Blogger (formerly) no-blog-rachel, at 9:40 PM  

  • I think it's awesome that it worked out this way!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 9:42 PM  

  • You two were meant for each other.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 10:26 PM  

  • how awesome! It looks great on you. Hooray for Rhinebeck - I'll see you there!

    By Blogger cheryl, at 9:27 AM  

  • Lucky you!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:41 AM  

  • Looks great on you! Who doesn't like a sweater that magically fits!

    By Blogger Stephanie B, at 3:19 PM  

  • It's one of those circle-of-yarn things.

    By Blogger Lucia, at 5:15 PM  

  • I think that is mighty fabulous! If I could knit sweaters and then find people for them to fit, knowing I'd get a sweater back that would fit me.... well, I think I'd knit more sweaters!

    By Blogger wenders, at 8:10 PM  

  • Now that is divine!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:22 PM  

  • That is more than funny, but absolutely okay to call it your Rhinebeck sweater!

    By Blogger Laurie, at 8:00 AM  

  • What a happy ending - and a beautiful sweater for you! I have a rock cairn thing too - none in my own yard, but I do like them!(so I don't think your Mom is crazy at all)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:34 AM  

  • Hooray for knitting karma! It looks great on you!

    By Blogger maritza, at 6:55 PM  

  • What goes around, comes around... Heh, that works so well for a circle jacket!

    By Blogger Chris, at 9:04 PM  

  • Fantastic!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:10 AM  

  • It looks great on you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:58 PM  

  • Oh, that's awesome!! Definitely, the karma balance works :) It looks great on you, I love it. I wish I were going to rhinebeck so I could see it!

    By Blogger mel, at 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home