aswim in knits

Thursday, October 11, 2007

8 more sleeps

I'm going to Rhinebeck! A hotel room has been booked and driving plans arranged. Now all I need to do is finish the sweater...

Nantucket Jacket

This is the Nantucket Jacket that I started last fall. I put it on hold for a while this winter/spring while we were in the thick of house-hunting and home-improvements. Then summer came along and wool did not hold any interest for me. Then September came, and wool caught my fancy, but I was seduced by some Peace Fleece.

When I picked up the Jacket two weeks ago, all it needed was sleeves and finishing. These are the sleeves, above, being knitted two on the same needle. I've just started the sleeve cap shaping, so I'm into the home stretch.

Thanks for all your kind words about my new wheel earlier this week. I've played with her a bit, but I haven't had the time I need to spend to really get to know her. Hopefully, this weekend I'll get in some uninterrupted spinning!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • That sweater is stunning. What's the yarn? I love that color.

    By Blogger Lucia, at 12:52 PM  

  • Lovely sleevage! Can't wait to see it on you!

    By Blogger Manise, at 4:33 PM  

  • Yay! 8 more sleeps!! :) You can do it. There is nothing like a finish line gate to get you motivated! I look forward to spending some time with you! And your lovely sweater!!
    :)

    By Blogger Sandy, at 4:43 PM  

  • you can totally pull it off!

    and dude, i feel like everyone is going to rhinebeck but me :(

    By Blogger spajonas, at 5:16 PM  

  • I am completely jealous of your venture to Rhinebeck...it sounds FAB!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home