aswim in knits

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

wheeeee(l)!

Remember that road trip that I mentioned on Saturday? I was picking up a wheel. A lovely Schacht Matchless DT with WooLee Winder (not shown) for a ridiculously good price. I didn't blog about it until now because I was too superstitious ...

Schacht Matchless DT

Use your imagination to picture curtains on those windows.
I finished sewing them this weekend, but we still need to hang them.


Of course, I had to play with it last night. I got some ice cream and a Gilmore Girls DVD, spun some very poor yarn, and enjoyed myself greatly :) Now, I need to sit down with the manual and learn how to really use the wheel so I can spin some nice yarn.

On the way home from New York, where I picked up the wheel, we visited my in-laws. I did a brief demo for my mother-in-law, and she said "I want to learn to spin!" My answer ... ? "I know this woman who lives near you ..."

I just showed my boss this photo and she said "wow, you must be one of a very few people in Massachusetts with a spinning wheel!" Ha, ha, ha, ha!

Ah, wheel love.

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

  • Mazel tov! Use it in good health! She's a beauty. Silly boss. Little do they know huh? I haven't even hinted to the new coworkers that I spin. They're still a little weirded out by the knitting :)

    By Blogger CrazyFiberLady, at 4:20 PM  

  • Ha ha ha ha ha... I'll be suffering severe wheel lust at Rhinebeck.

    By Blogger Lucia, at 5:15 PM  

  • Oh, yay! Congratulations. May you two have many happy years together!

    By Blogger Marcy, at 5:19 PM  

  • That's terrific! You'll love it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:20 PM  

  • It's beautiful. I am so happy for you, yet so incredibly jealous. Thanks for all the spinning wheel info you sent my way, too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:32 PM  

  • Congratulations! Now we have wheels in common! Can't stop laughing at your boss' comment!

    By Blogger Manise, at 6:24 PM  

  • Oh, those silly muggles, if they only knew....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:33 PM  

  • Congratulations! I was wondering how this all turned out, and now I know it has a happy ending. She's beautiful, and you are going to be SO happy.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 9:09 PM  

  • OMG!!! I'm totally jealous!!!!

    By Blogger Meghann, at 9:59 PM  

  • Congrats! And I'm loling at your poor clueless boss....

    By Blogger bellamoden, at 11:11 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:13 AM  

  • Silly boss. If she only knew ....

    It's getting harder and harder to resist the siren call of the wheel.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 8:13 AM  

  • Ooooo, it's bea-u-ti-ful. Glad it all worked out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:15 AM  

  • You didn't happen to buy the Matchless from a woman named Beth did you? Now I want one even more!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:44 AM  

  • Yay! You got it! It looks like it's in fantastic shape too! Woohoo!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:30 AM  

  • congratulations! Have fun! Its the perfect weather for spinning.

    By Blogger Rebekah, at 3:40 PM  

  • Oh I'm Beck up there, I forgot to fill in my other information.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:41 PM  

  • Congratulations!!!! Yippee!!!! Rhinebeck is going to be fun for you if you are going :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:47 PM  

  • Hooray for you! Now if I can just find one for such a nice price...

    By Blogger Pumpkinmama, at 8:09 AM  

  • Oh, lucky you! She's a beauty. I'm so pleased. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home