aswim in knits

Friday, September 21, 2007

sockapalooza socks

My sockapalooza socks are here! These came from blogless Carrie Anne.

sockapalooza

They are lovely and soft and fit just right. The yarn is Mountain Colors Bearfoot, which Carrie Anne correctly guessed that I would like, though I had not yet knit with it. Apparently, Carrie Anne is persistent -- she said that she tried a few different patterns before deciding that the colors would look best in a stockinette sock.

sockapalooza

The colors are fabulous, and exactly what I would have picked for myself! I can see myself wearing these often this winter, especially when curled up indoors and studying on a chilly weekend afternoon.

But the most fitting part? The name of the colorway.

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • They are very n ice, and perfectly in time for fall!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:22 PM  

  • hey, CRAZY WOMAN!!! heeh. Those socks are GORGEOUS! The color! The knitting! Lucky, lucky you!!
    (good thing I proofread that time!! I had written LICKY LICKY you. That just changes things, doesn't it??)
    :D

    By Blogger Sandy, at 7:43 PM  

  • I bet they feel yummy on your feet. You better be studying and not reading this. ;)

    By Blogger Chris, at 9:14 PM  

  • I like those colors!

    By Blogger Knitopia, at 11:00 PM  

  • I've always wanted to join Sockapalooza just because I love the NAME..teehee! Nice pair of socks your pal knit!

    By Blogger Rebecca, at 10:13 AM  

  • You don't have to be a crazy woman to appreciate that colorway. It's beautiful! I wonder what the story behind it is. There must be one...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:21 PM  

  • Hey Danielle,
    gorgeous color socks - and also little Amalia's sweater is amazing. (I haven't visited in a while, so I scrolled back a bit...)Glad to see all is going well. Thea

    By Blogger Thea, at 1:43 PM  

  • I'm so glad they arrived safely, that they fit, and that you like them:) Apologies (again) for the delay:)

    Carrie Anne

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:54 PM  

  • Thank you forr sharing

    By Anonymous Rose Weber, at 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home