aswim in knits

Friday, August 03, 2007

in the presence of genius

To riff on Caesar ...

I came.
I saw.
I threw panties.

Last night, I went to hear the Harlot speak at Borders. I got to meet new people and hang out with Frecklegirl and Casey, the brains behind Ravelry, and a whack of other fab knitters, including some with wee babes and slightly larger babes. I was in heaven.

I did NOT do a bit of work on my research paper which is due on Monday. Apparently, I also didn't think to take photos either. Luckily someone else did.

Much fun was had by all. Now I'm back to homework.**

** More linkage is in order, but I am already waaaay late for a group meeting for class. Argh!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • Yeah! It was a ball last night.....sorry I missed you! Did you notice my fab picture on the Harlot's blog? LOL!

    By Blogger Meghann, at 7:08 PM  

  • Signed panties to boot, from what I just read on her blog. :)

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:47 PM  

  • What a fabulous time last night! Wish you were with me in CT too. We would've rocked Madison into shock!
    =:8

    By Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom, at 3:12 AM  

  • You forgot: "staggered around in a sleep-deprived fog all the next day"! But you are a grad student, so maybe you're used to that by now. ;-)

    I had an awesome time--thanks so much for letting me tag along! :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 AM  

  • Sounds like a great time was had by all!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 AM  

  • Ahh, I wish I had gone. Perhaps it's time to pick my head up from under the rocks?
    :)

    By Blogger Sandy, at 9:18 AM  

  • Mea Culpa. Many apologies from your sock pal:( Your socks are in progress (I *had* a beautiful sock knit, and realized it would likely be way too loose for you and had to start over), and I'm knitting as fast as I can!! I have not forgotten you, and you will have socks (albeit a little late). Look for them to go in the mail August 18th ish.

    If there's some little treat I can include in your package to make it up to you, please leave a hint on your blog:) I'd *really* like to do something!

    --Your very late sock pal

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:21 PM  

  • I wish I could have seen everyone throwing panties at the Harlot. Sounds like a fun time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home