aswim in knits

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Saucy socks


Saucy socks
Originally uploaded by aswiminknits
My sockapalooza socks are done!
(Click the photo for a bigger version.)

Project specs:
Pattern: Saucy, by Cider Moon
Yarn: Nature's Palette, zinfandel colorway
Needles: Knitpicks DPNs -- size 2 for leg, size 1 for heel and foot
Gauge: 8ish sts/in
Pattern mods: none!
Posted to Ravelry

These were a fun knit, and the first I've ever done with a slipped stitch toe to match the Eye of Partridge heel.

The yarn is tough to take a good photo of -- this is w/o flash, on a pretty overcast afternoon, outside, and the colors still look a little washed out to me.

Perhaps these will be arriving in your mailbox next month?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • Those are just gorgeous, what a lucky pal!

    By Blogger Julie, at 8:02 PM  

  • They're stunning! Too bad I already know that they're not for me. But surely your pal will adore them.

    By Blogger FemiKnitMafia, at 10:46 PM  

  • Those are gorgeous! Lucky sock pal. :)

    By Blogger Chris, at 11:25 AM  

  • Oh, those are pretty. I knit myself a pair of socks in that same color of the same yarn, and I love, love, love it (even though I will not drink zinfandel wine)! What a lucky pal you have!

    By Blogger Susan, at 12:04 PM  

  • I'm the lucky recipient of these socks and love them! Perfect color, pattern, fit. Thanks so much, Danielle!

    By Blogger Knitopia, at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home