aswim in knits

Thursday, June 07, 2007

felted clogs for Thom

I finished knitting the felted clogs!!

Oh, wait. I think I forgot to mention that I started them ... I've been knitting here and there while working full time, coaching 3-4 days per week, and going back to grad school. School is going well, although my current class is not the kind where I can knit while in class -- too small, with too many guest lecturers. But, Thom and I carpool to work, so I get to knit in the morning while he drives (unless I'm doing reading for class).

Anyways, last month, I picked up some yarn at the NHS&W festival. The Mafia spotted it for me, in perfect hubby colors (BRIGHT ORANGE!) and perfect Danielle price (less than $8 for 12-13 ounces). I got some "spice" colored Lamb's Pride to go with the orange yarn and cast on for some slippers from the Fiber Trends' felted clogs pattern.

I knit up one of the slippers ...
And the other ...
(Cell phone and foot for scale).

Now I need to felt them, obviously. I'll wait to do it until Thom is home with me, so that I can check the size as I go.

Project specs ...
Pattern: Fiber Trends' Felted Clogs
Yarn: orange mystery wool from NHS&W (12-13 oz of heavy worsted, with lots leftover), Lamb's Pride worsted in spice (3 skeins, with lots left over in the 3rd skein)
Needles: Size 15 Clover bamboo
Gauge: not sure
Size: to fit men's 11
Pattern mods: none!
Ravelry page:* http://www.ravelry.com/projects/aswiminknits/felted-clogs-2

*I'm adding a link to the Ravelry page for each new project that I enter from now on. If I'm keeping track via Ravelry, I thought it might be nice for others to know where to find the project details. If you are not on Ravelry, you probably can't see these pages. For those of you on the waiting list to join, I'm sorry if this annoys you! I'll still be posting info here too ...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • I love how crazy big FT clogs are before felting!

    By Blogger Chris, at 4:15 PM  

  • I'm just about ready to start my first pair of these clogs, of course I have to felt without the participants foot. Hopefully with a cut out of the right shoe size I'll get a close enough fit.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:18 PM  

  • I can't wait to see how they felt. I have that pattern, but I've never made them yet. I keep meaning too though, I think they're so cute.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 AM  

  • What, now unfelted clog on the head shot for the blog? I'll confess I'm curious about this whole Ravelry thing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home