aswim in knits

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

look out my bedroom window ...

... and this is what you shall see!



The circus has come to town!

Every year the town we live in uses the Middle School grounds for a carnival. Did I mention that our new house is right across the street from the middle school fields?

We are still unpacking, assembling IKEA furniture (8 separate pieces, baby!), and decorating. Since we moved, we have not set up phone, cable tv, or internet at home. It's kind of nice, as I am doing more housework and reading of books than ever before. There are times when I miss vegging out in front of the tv, but only a couple of evenings so far, and mostly when Thom is not home.

There will be crafty news again soon, as I managed to get my craft room unpacked last night, in a fit of inspired motivation.

In the meantime, I've been knitting socks and knitting hats for charity, as neither one requires too much mental energy. I finished Thom's boring grey socks, and am 3/4 of the way through a pair for me. I checked the charity knits collection, and I think I've added 4 hats to the pile this month. I guess it's time to make some mittens and socks, too!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • It's good to hear from you!! Glad that you're getting settled in.

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:32 AM  

  • Glad to have you back! What fun to have a circus outside your window! Whee!

    By Blogger 5elementknitr, at 12:44 PM  

  • Grrrl, I totally know where you live now. We drove right past your place recently! ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:08 PM  

  • Huh... you must live near me? I live in Newton MA... which carnival is this one? They seem to popping up like crazy!
    :)

    By Blogger Mini, at 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home