aswim in knits

Friday, March 02, 2007

40 Days for Others

Last year, I participated in a knit-along called "40 Days for Others", hosted by Annie. 40 Days is a KAL that focuses on knitting for charity during the 40 days of the Lenten season. I'll be doing it again this year! My reasons for participating haven't changed much since last year, so I'll just link you to what I said then.


I'll be knitting mostly for Dulaan unless I see another request for charitable knitted items that moves me. I'll still be knitting for myself and those I know, but will be mindful of creating balance between both kinds of knitting.

Here's my first 40 Days project --


This is a hat, which will almost certainly have a crown of a different color, due to lack of green yarn! It's a Lopi yarn that I overdyed with blue food coloring last year. I have looked at it so many times over the past year, and I'm glad to be knitting with it. It's a pretty thick yarn, but I'm knitting it on medium sized needles to create a dense and warm fabric. I'm guessing that I will find some blue yarn to use for the crown when I run out of this color.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • That's a great color!!

    By Blogger Chris, at 10:43 PM  

  • I like the way the color turned out on the Lopi.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:06 AM  

  • Your overdyed yarn is very nice, indeed. Thought it was Malabrigo for a second. Which koolaid flavor did you use (I almost said 'color'). duh.

    Ang

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home