aswim in knits

Monday, February 12, 2007

things about which I have not spoken, part A

I did not mean to disappear from the blog for so long. Really, I didn't. Life just got the better of me. I have still been knitting a bit, and there are several projects for which I need to provide updates.

However, that would require photos which in turn would require daylight. Not seeing much of that recently, the photos are on hold for a bit.

But, I did manage to find some unblogged photos on my computer.

Back in December, my SnB did a Yankee Stash Swap for the holidays. Everyone brought something small from their stash and gifts were exchanged...

I got this skein of Cascade Quattro (like 220, but with each of the 4 plies in a different color), and project bag.

It didn't stay in my stash very long, though! It grew up to become this ...


It's the ubiquitous felted clog pattern by Fiber Trends. Obviously still unfelted here, though!
(And look, handknit socks in action! And I'm wearing the same socks again today!)

This was a nice stashbuster -- the pattern calls for 3 skeins of feltable wool.

1) I used the gift yarn for the uppers (and got rid of a skein of something else in the gift exchange).

2) Then, I had a skein of navy blue left over from a hat/scarf/mitts set for my FIL.

3) I needed a second skein of navy blue, so I went to a local LYS and exchanged a skein of yarn that I bought for a gift project, yet never needed. I made the gift (socks in Baby Cashmerino) but had purchased an extra skein. So, I exchanged it for another skein of navy Cascade 220.

Net stash reduction -- 3 balls. Let's not talk about what's left to be busted still.

The slippers have been felted and the photos will be posted soon. Perhaps even tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • Wow... I have never seen those pre-felted clogs next to a foot--they are huge! Yes, I understand how felting works and all, but I'm still impressed by how big they are. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:09 PM  

  • I can hardly wait for the "after" picture! Clogs are so amusing that way. Heh, I figured out my problem with your feed - after you upgraded, the feed I was on quit working. I just had to unsubscribe to it and resubscribe to a "good" feed. This seems consistent across all blogs that upgrade. How odd.

    By Blogger Chris, at 6:18 PM  

  • the giantness of those clogs is just mind-boggling.

    By Blogger maryse, at 10:23 PM  

  • I know how felting works but I still get amazed at the before and after pictures.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:11 AM  

  • i'm with everyone else.. holy moses those are some big clogs before they're felted!! i can hardly believe it! glad to see you're still alive :)

    By Blogger spajonas, at 10:32 AM  

  • Bust that stash! I'm sorely tempted to make those, but I worry about traction. My mother-in-law and a friend cleaned our house while we were on our honeymoon, and they waxed the floors. A year and a half later, I *still* go sliding in some spots if I'm not wearing rubber-soled slippers.

    By Blogger Nadira, at 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home