aswim in knits

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Nantucket, and some socks

Test, test ... is this thing on?

Yep, I'm back from an unintended blog hiatus. Nothing bad, just got caught up with other stuff and haven't blogged much recently. I have been knitting still, and even took photos, but I think I'll spread them out over the next couple of days...

When I last posted, I was working on my Nantucket Jacket from the cover of the winter IK. The last pic I showed was right before ripping out everything I had done so far. Since then, I've reknit the back, changing the gussets a bit, and adding in more cables to make up for it... and a little more length too.

I've also started the fronts, with similar mods.

Sorry for the crap photos. There's been a lack of sunshine around here. The flash doesn't cut it, but neither does the natural light.

I'm really enjoying this knit. The yarn is the best kind of squooooshy soft merino, and the pattern is easy enough that I hardly have to look at my notes. My birthday is February 1, and I hope to wear it then!

Of course, I also have a sock in progress for mindless knitting needs -- cabled sweaters, no matter how easy, aren't quite mindless. This is a garter rib sock in Schaeffer Anne, the second of a pair. The heel is turned, and I'm headed for the toes.


In between these, I got distracted by two three other projects. Maybe four. More photos of those to come soon.

3 Comments:

  • oooh, nantucket. i'm looking forward to seeing that one complete :)

    By Blogger spajonas, at 6:48 PM  

  • Maybe 4?? :) Hee hee. Love how your Nantucket is coming together. Happy New Year, too!

    By Blogger Chris, at 9:26 PM  

  • The Nantucket Jacket is looking good!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home