aswim in knits

Friday, December 29, 2006

Knit From Your Stash 2007


I'm hopping on the bandwagon! I'm joining the ranks of the "Knit from Your Stash" group -- rules noted at Wendy's blog. My yarn fills two large (66 quart) plastic storage containers, plus a smaller one, plus two baskets in the living room, plus WIP's.

And, since I am buying a house next week (eek!), it would not hurt to exercise some financial restraint in yarn related matters. Since my stash is suitably large -- and not everything I own is featured on my stash site yet!! -- it will not kill me to stop purchasing yarn for some time.

So, I'm stealing Wendy's guidelines, and editing them a bit --
  1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007 -- a period of nine months.
  2. We will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:
    • Sock yarn does not count. What? You think we are made of stone?
    • If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that we really and truly do not have the yarn for, we may buy yarn to knit that gift.
    • If we are knitting something and run out of yarn, we may purchase enough to complete the project.
    • We each get one "Get Out of Jail Free" card -- we are each allowed to fall off the wagon one time.
  3. We are allowed to receive gifts of yarn.
  4. Trading yarn with others is OK.
So, wish me luck in this noble endeavor...

7 Comments:

  • Good luck! I'm doing something similar myself except I have a absolutely no yarn for the entire year, with the exception if I make it from January 1 to June 30 without buying anything I can buy yarn for one fair isle.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:50 PM  

  • Good luck!! Altho I think I have about 5x as much yarn as you do. :O

    By Blogger Chris, at 6:17 PM  

  • Good luck!
    And since we're doing this together, we can keep each other in check, right? Perhaps you should add the following rule: under no circumstances is the Mafia allowed to buy yarn "gifts" for me, even if I slip a $20 and a wish list into her bag. I'll post the same rule, of course. Deal?

    By Blogger FemiKnitMafia, at 9:23 PM  

  • Good luck to both of us ... I'm jumping on this bandwagon, too. My stash is officially out of control.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 9:52 PM  

  • i'm right there with you! just announced my intention yesterday :) you, me, and the mafia will have to give each other strength.

    By Blogger spajonas, at 9:51 AM  

  • Good Luck! I don't have a big enough stash to officially join, but I am going to be working from what I do have for a little while.

    Happy New Year and all the best in 2007!

    By Blogger Dorothy, at 1:02 AM  

  • Count me in too - just had to consolidate yarn for our house renovation, and found I had:
    -one under bed storage box of random parts of skeins
    -one under bed storage box of full skeins of different yarns for varied projects
    -one large shopping bag full of projects in progress

    Goal for the year is to finish as many of the "in progress" projects as possible and only start new ones that use my stash.

    By Blogger Katie, at 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home