aswim in knits

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

chugging along

Good lord, this BBPBP* is taking a long time...

Here's where I was as of yesterday. I was home sick, so I did a little knitting, but not much. (That's how yucky I felt! Much better today, thank goodness, as we are about to spend the weekend with the fam-damn-ily.)


I think this needs about another 3-4", and then it will be done! I swatched for the edging on the commute in to work today, and I think I am going to go with an i-cord bind off. I think it will match the slightly rolled neck edge nicely, and from what I can see on my swatch, it is firm enough to keep the bottom edge from rolling too much.

Hopefully, by the end of the weekend, including a couple of 2+ hour car trips, it will be done!!!!!

* Big Brown Paper Bag Poncho

6 Comments:

  • It's going to be SO cute. Can't wait to see the finished project next week.

    By Blogger FemiKnitMafia, at 5:26 PM  

  • soooo close to being done!

    By Blogger spajonas, at 9:48 PM  

  • Maybe it's already done now? Hope you're feeling better!

    By Blogger Chris, at 11:31 AM  

  • Hey, it's blogless Ruth from Tucson. Only now we've moved to Colorado! LOVE IT! Anyway, how about a pretty lacy edging? Wouldn't roll and would make the boring poncho suddenly interesting! Do you have any Nicky Epstein books? (Knitting on/over/beyond the Edge) Anyway, congrats on your maybe home! If you're looking for flooring try Nationwide Windows and Flooring. They are reasonable and bring all the samples right to your house! We loved them!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 PM  

  • your almost there! woohooo!

    By Blogger soapy, at 10:58 AM  

  • It's looking good.

    By Blogger Dorothy, at 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home