aswim in knits

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

scarf for Da

Well, the last of my Christmas knitting is complete. (Yeah, yeah, you can all hate me now.)

Pattern: Intertwined Cables Scarf from the 2006 "Knitting Pattern A Day" calendar, March 14-15
Yarn: Cascade 220, a heathery team with hints of navy and cool purple.
Gauge: 19 sts/4 in, I believe
Needles: Addi Turbo, size 8
Techniques: cabling w/o a cable needle
Male Model: Thom (my fabulous husband)

This is for Thom's dad. Two years ago, pre-blog, he got a hat for Christmas. A year ago, he got mittens. He's hinted that he's aiting for a scarf this year, so far be it from me to disappoint!

This was a fun knit -- the cables were pretty intuitive, yet varied the knitting enough to keep me interested. I've blocked it, and it's ready to be wrapped!

Now, on to finishing a poncho for Grandma's birthday (back in April!) and then I can go snuggle up with the object of my affection. And my husband, if he wants to join us!

3 Comments:

  • jeez, i haven't even started my christmas knitting!

    By Blogger spajonas, at 8:04 PM  

  • Wow, you are formidably organized!!! Lovely scarf.

    By Blogger Chris, at 9:23 AM  

  • OH that's a great scarf, his dad will love it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home