aswim in knits

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

trying to stay above water ...

Wow. It's busy.

The home buying continues ... (this week's chapter: "A Brief Tutorial in Asbestos Testing and Remediation").

The coaching continues. Apparently, many teenagers have not yet learned the meaning of the word commitment or the difference between required and optional. Nor are they very familar with compromise or communicate. Remedial lessons continue.

Knitting. It keeps me sane. Below are the "Bed Socks for Boss Lady". (Summary: Last spring, my boss requested a pair of bed socks for a Christmas gift.) I decided to knit something not totally boring, based on the good advice of many of you. These are the Friday Harbor socks from Knitting on the Road, in a light blue Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. Yummy. I took this photo a couple of days ago. One is now about halfway down the foot. One is up to the toe shaping. I should finish these this week!
Another FO too, but no photo... soon, I hope :)

7 Comments:

  • busy busy!! working with teens must be both a joy and a pain on most days. i give you a lot of credit! i never wanted to be a teacher. not enough patience :)

    the bed socks are looking mighty comfy!

    By Blogger spajonas, at 10:28 AM  

  • lucky boss lady. she needs to give you a raise.

    By Blogger maryse, at 11:33 AM  

  • The socks are really pretty! Sending you extra patience for coaching. :)

    By Blogger Chris, at 11:49 AM  

  • Those socks are beautiful! Lucky Boss Lady.

    Teens - YUCK! I love them while they're little, I love them when the get older, but teens - YUCK!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 PM  

  • Pretty socks! You deserve a raise.

    I daresay that some of your athlete's parents need to learn the meaning of those words, themselves.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 1:13 PM  

  • I don't envy you working with teenagers. Nice socks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:43 AM  

  • Sounds like some college students I know!

    If I were your boss, I'd give you a big fat raise for knitting me those socks!

    By Blogger Kathy, at 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home