aswim in knits

Friday, September 15, 2006

comments and charity

Pet peeve: I am unable to reply to a lot of my commenters who don't allow Blogger to post their email address to me. Note, this is a peeve about blogger, not about my commenters :)

So, commenters, know that I love reading your notes, but sometimes just don't have time to trace back to find your email address to reply to you... This is the biggest reason why I'm thinking of moving to Typepad or other service.

But, THANK YOU all for the nice words about my Fountain Lace cardigan :)

****

Charity knits: I have lots of yarn. I have lots of charities I want to knit for:



  • Red Scarf Project (I made 2 last year)
  • Dulaan (I've sent them many hats, mittens, and even a sweater)
  • Afghans for Afghans (sent them socks and a group-made afghan -- I really want to make a vest or sweater for their early October priority collection)
  • Loop By Loop -- knitting for peace, humanitarian aid, and community development (they are in need of washcloths. I got a box of yarn from MDK. Need I say more? Match made in heaven!)
  • Project Linus (maybe make a quilt instead?)
  • Newborns in Need (they need winter hats, too -- click on the Christmas in July info. Maybe a baby quilt for them too?)

I just don't have enough time!!!

8 Comments:

  • I agree with you about Blogger and replying to comments - it's frustrating!

    I've not heard of a couple of the charities you want to knit for - now that I have; they'll go on my list too. It's just too bad that I have to go to work to earn a living and can't stay home and knit like I'd like. But, we can each do what we can to help. Have you noticed that knitters are very caring and generous?! I love this community :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:07 AM  

  • get haloscan for your comments. veronique and yarnmonster jess both have them and like them. you can trace back the email address that way. be warned that it does get rid of all your old comments though. if you can back them up, you should!

    lots of charity knitting to consider. if i had more time i would do it too. i wish i did HAVE more time!

    By Blogger spajonas, at 10:18 AM  

  • You can transfer all your posts and comments to wordpress and not lose your old comments, as you would with haloscan...

    You are going to be one busy community knitter!

    By Blogger Chris, at 3:36 PM  

  • That's one of my pet peeves about Blogger too. Don't sweat it though. :)

    By Blogger Samantha, at 6:58 AM  

  • I recommend haloscan, too. Took care of spamming for me, and now I can email people back when they comment! Very nice :-)

    By Blogger Kathy, at 12:31 PM  

  • don't feel bad, I've been having the same issue with blog-city. I love to comment back to people, but sometimes it's impossible.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:34 PM  

  • You had a couple that I hadn't heard about. I wish I had more time for charity knitting.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:44 PM  

  • Yay! I worked the Afghans for Afghans booth at the knit-out. The deadline, BTW has been extended to mid-october, so happy knitting!

    By Blogger Nadira, at 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home