aswim in knits

Thursday, August 17, 2006

notebooks

I have notebooks on the brain. At work, I use one notebook for most of my meeting notes, and just keep everything in running chronological order. My current notebook is almost used up. Not to mention, it's terribly boring! Time to channel the inner craftiness and make myself a more interesting notebook.

This spring, I made a couple of notebooks as gifts for two of my swimmers who are going off to college. I bought the pre-cut bookboard/book block kits from Paper Source, so this was a quickie project. (These are journal size -- maybe 10" x 7", or thereabouts.)


Then I saw a really cute fabric covered notebook over at In the Bag. So, I am completely and totally consumed with thinking about how I will make my OWN really cute fabric covered notebook :)

I think that I will need to visit some fabric stores this weekend ...

2 Comments:

  • I've covered bookboard before with fabric using Wonder Under - fusible webbing. You iron it onto the fabric, then iron it on to the book board. Then you can secure the edges with glue (PVA is what my bookbinding teacher recommended- it's acid free). Between the wonder-under and the glue, it stays pretty well. Then glue the inside paper over it, and it's done! I made the guest book for my wedding (and other people's) this way.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:32 PM  

  • Oh, that's a cool idea. Hmm... I have some leftover black cat fabric...

    By Blogger Chris, at 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home