aswim in knits

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

world's best husband

While I was shopping for fabric for my pillows this weekend, I saw some fun cotton (on sale!) with a very cute snail pattern.

In another fabric store, I saw a box of $1.00 patterns, which I normally do NOT have the patience to search through. However, a pattern for boxer shorts, in Thom's exact size, was sitting right on top of the stack.

So, the snails became shorts....

Thom suffered through a couple of fittings, although the pattern is still not quite there yet -- it will need a few more alterations before the fit is just right for future pairs.

After I finished up this pair, Thom said "wait, don't you want to take a photo for your blog??"

Now that's love -- volunteering to have a picture of your underwear-clad butt posted on your wife's crafty blog!

(Send some good wishes his way -- he's just finishing grad school and making the transition back to full-time employment. It's a little rough going right now, but I am optimistic that all will work out soon...)


6 Comments:

  • it's captain underpants!!!

    good luck!

    By Blogger maryse, at 3:50 PM  

  • Oh, the cutest little man butt in the whole wide universe!! What a wonderful man. Seriously, I can't even get my wife to read my blog, much less have her ass in underpants on it. He's so cute I can't stand it!

    By Blogger FemiKnitMafia, at 3:54 PM  

  • He's definitely a keeper. I popped into Winmill today -- what a neat shop. So far, I'm doing okay at resisting the sewing bug; good thing since I was bit hard by the spinning bug :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 PM  

  • Wow, he volunteered to have his butt up on the nets - definitely a keeper. And cute boxers, too! I'll be sending lucky transition thoughts his way. It's rough - been there, done that.

    By Blogger Chris, at 11:10 PM  

  • Such love! Such devotion - you are not only a crafty maiden, but one lucky one!

    By Blogger Bonne Marie, at 12:40 AM  

  • You're a lucky lady! And the "making the bed" shots you got are PRICELESS!!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home