aswim in knits

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

summer cleanup, summer reading

Last night, I was bitten by the clean-up bug. I spent the better part of 5 hours doing laundry and ironing, putting away yarn and fabric, hanging clothes, cleaning up after our niece's visit, making tomorrow's lunches, and generally making our apartment look somewhat more presentable.

I also did a quick clean-out of our bookshelf. My husband and I are both big readers, but we rarely buy fiction. Instead, we borrow books from friends, family, and libraries. We do have a small collection of sentimental favorites, which we keep (and move from apartment to apartment, and hopefully soon to a house of our own). We also have some books acquired as gifts or in "emergency airport purchases", but once we read them, we don't often keep them.

So, that said ... would anyone like the following books?
Interpreter of Maladies (Jhumpa Lahiri)
Prep (Curtis Sittenfeld)
Secret Life of Bees (Sue Monk Kidd)
Family Baggage (Monica McInerney)
The Virgin Blue (Tracy Chevalier)

If you want one of these, send me an email (address in the sidebar). I'd be happy to send it off to a good home ...

3 Comments:

  • I hope that cleaning bug is contagious via the blogosphere - I SO need to catch it. :)

    By Blogger Chris, at 10:35 AM  

  • I just sent you an e-mail about the books -- hope it goes through. Wouldn't it be cool if those books all made the rounds of knitbloggers? We could get our own little BookCrossing thing going on!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:01 PM  

  • Me, me. Secret Life of Bees? I loved that book and strangely, it keeps popping into my mind lately. I promise to cherish it.

    By Blogger FemiKnitMafia, at 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home