aswim in knits

Monday, July 31, 2006

crafty weekend ...

My apartment looks like a giant craft/yarn/fabric store exploded inside. This was not helped by the 3-night visit of our 8-year-old niece.

Look ... she's crafty too!!

She learned to use the sewing machine (with a lot of adult assistance) and made a bag out of some fabric scraps from my skirt and some ribbon leftover from my wedding invitations. Yay for using up stash!!


Then, we made a leash for her new stuffed dog, Fluffy.


And, last but not least, I started another new knitting project. This is the "Hearts and Stars" blanket from Adorable Knits for Tots by Zoe Mellor. It's a christening gift for a baby who was baptized on June 4. I thought I'd best get started on it now, before it becomes a birthday gift in November!

The yarn is Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, color "Wild Orange" -- Baby J's mom requested an orange blanket, and this one is a little deeper than most standard oranges. I couldn't find a photo of the blanket on line, unfortunately. It is knit in one piece, but with moss stitch "borders" and "sashing" between blocks with raised moss stitch stars and hearts. Very cute!

3 Comments:

  • looks like your niece had a great time!

    i love cotton fleece. great yarn to work with.

    By Blogger spajonas, at 5:34 PM  

  • What a great project for you and your niece!

    I love knitting with Cotton Fleece - maybe I'll get that dang log cabin from CF finished this month!

    By Blogger Chris, at 10:44 PM  

  • Oh, SO cute!

    By Blogger FemiKnitMafia, at 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home